Author Topic: WOT Help  (Read 136862 times)

Casco

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WOT Help
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »
You will get ALOT about Perrin, dont worry :)
If Alanna did bound Perrin, she would be dead by now, and Perrin to :)
Chard, how do you figure that Alannas bounding Rand was a very bad thing?  I wont spoil anything, but the bond will turn up as a good thing for him. Not in the way JoeC (or Rand for that matter)  think though.
It was an aweful thing to do, bounding him without he know about it. Alanna will get a nice suprise though...and not just one ;D

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »
Well let's say this the bond doesn't make Rand want to be friends with Alanna and in effect less so with other Aes Sedai. It's something I feel that lends to what happens in CoS, so JoeC will see the effects soon enough.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Madjius

« Reply #362 on: March 29, 2009, 08:54:35 AM »
*IMPORTANT NOTE* I originally started this thread with the intention of asking whether or not I should read Wheel of Time series. I decided yes, but since then this thread has evolved into a chronicle of my progress in the series. Surprisingly, many people have asked me to keep writing about it and my thoughts on it. So, PLEASE, if you have read the WOT series can you check my progress first before you decide to post something that will spoil any of the books for me. Thank you very much and have a good day.****

Hey guys,
I'm a huge BS fan and Mistborn was such a great and fulfilling series to read. I definitely plan on following Brandon's career and reading as much of his stuff as possible. Of course that would include the 12th Wheel of Time book. Here's the problem, I haven't read that series. I was at Barnes and Noble and saw that they had a couple hardcover editions of the book including The Eye of the World. I was tempted to buy it but I hesitated. I love fantasy, but anyone I ask about the WOT series tells me that it starts out great but goes downhill and to not waste my time. This is a real bummer, because I love fantasy and I've never read Robert Jordan before. I figured I could get some better opinions from you guys on this site. Is it worth getting into?? I usually don't like to start a series of books when I'm so far behind because I'm worried that they won't be good and yet I'll have to finish them to know the end. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.
-Joe
P.S. I understand that some of you may say I should just read it and make my own opinion, but if I do decide to read them I will be spending the next couple of months reading all the way through so I just want a little reassurance from people with WORTHY experience that I will be satisfied. Thank you all again!
JoeC You are a dirtbag! I know youve read this! I knows its! ;)

Onthe offchance you havent then ill have to assume you are afraid, just like a dirtypeasant.
Put your hands into that soil and works some magic! This series is Long. Its Heavy. Its not for the weakminded.
Make upr your own choice and for once in your life, work for your goal.
This epic saga is.. wait for it..

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 29, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »
Uh Madjius I think this is one of those cases where you should read more then the first post, JoeC has gotten well into the series. Currently on Lord of Chaos, soon to be getting Crown of Swords.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2009, 10:45:13 PM »
Shard, Madjius is just a troll–the best thing to do is ignore him.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2009, 03:55:46 AM »
Ah thanks for the 411 Shaggy, I'll remember that for now on.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2009, 04:03:32 AM »
Shaggy, please send a PM next time.  It is rude to openly share negative opinions of other users.

It's also against the rules.  Fourth Item on the FAQs
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
I see you are getting pretty far in.  I just started my reread so that I am ready for the release of AMoL.  I am only on The Dragon Reborn book though.  Rand just used the portal stone to go to the alternate reality with Hurrin, and Loail.  I like this part of the book for 2 reasons.  This is where Rand starts to actively try to use the OP even though he doesn't want too, and Perrin is forced to start to come to terms with being a wolfbrother.   Mat is a complete jerk in this book but what can you expect,  it is mat.  I know I get my first glimpse of Lanfear in a few chapters too.

mtbikemom

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2009, 07:27:10 PM »
-Egwene is the Amyrlin Seat. This is exciting, though unfortunately I knew it was coming as it was spoiled for me on after I googled Wheel of Time. My mistake.

I can't believe it...the exact same thing happened to me!  It was a long time ago, but that was the only major surprise that was spoiled for me while trying to refresh my memory using EncyclopediaWOT.  I also can't believe how entertained I am by this thread.  We are vicariously enjoying WOT through your fresh eyes, JoeC.

JoeC

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »
-Egwene is the Amyrlin Seat. This is exciting, though unfortunately I knew it was coming as it was spoiled for me on after I googled Wheel of Time. My mistake.

I can't believe it...the exact same thing happened to me!  It was a long time ago, but that was the only major surprise that was spoiled for me while trying to refresh my memory using EncyclopediaWOT.  I also can't believe how entertained I am by this thread.  We are vicariously enjoying WOT through your fresh eyes, JoeC.

Glad you're enjoying it!
BTW you guys, Perrin's back! After complaining that he wasn't in the book he is in the first chapter I read last night. Go figure! Berelain is a real hoochy too. I like Faile better. I've only got about 65 pages left so I will have a final update tomorrow evening. See you guys then!

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »
Bah! Nonsense. Berelain is a favorite of mine.  Anyone who can earn the respect of the wise ones is full of win in my book. ;D Ah well thats my opinion anyways. Faile just aggravates me too much.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Vatdoro

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »
Bah! Nonsense. Berelain is a favorite of mine.  Anyone who can earn the respect of the wise ones is full of win in my book. ;D Ah well thats my opinion anyways. Faile just aggravates me too much.

I'm with Madness on this one. And check out these drawings. I mean, who would you choose?

Faile?

or Berelain?

(Artwork from http://seamassketches.blogspot.com/search?q=wot.)

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2009, 10:22:29 PM »
 :D  Well done. Perfectly put.

That guy easily has some of the best WoT art around.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:25:44 PM by Comfortable Madness »
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
Ya not really much of a contest.…

Funny, though. I pictured Faile a lot younger and Berelain a bit older.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
Faile reminds me of pocahontas, from the disney movie, and berelain is a total babe :o
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.