• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Sleepy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:27:59 PM »
EVERY day at work drags. I get this barely-keep-my-eyes-open thing going on every day right about 1pm.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:42:03 PM »
Hum.  Yes, you're right.

I think I'll go take a nap.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 05:43:18 PM »
You realize, Mr EUOL, that no one likes you.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 05:46:10 PM »
Tuesdays and Wednesdays have lately been my nap days, too. When I don't have a set schedule, it's very easy for me to laze about too much. Which is why I'm currently at school studying instead of at home. Because at home, eventually I end up asleep on the couch with the book or article I'm supposed to be reading fallen to the side.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 06:42:43 PM »
Yeah so I am on this medication right now that makes me amazingly tired. It is fascinating to me how much my sleep patterns have changed. If I lay my head down for a minute, at any point during the day, I am gone. It is near instantaneous too, it takes literally about a minute sometimes.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 08:02:56 PM »
I'm very familiar with the sleepy feeling. Not so familiar with the feeling of actual sleep. What I wouldn't give to not be an insomniac. Right now I've had two hours of sleep in the past 28 hours. I probably won't be able to sleep for a couple more hours.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 08:45:41 PM »
I'll swap you 42. I love being awake when nobody else is. That is why I stayed up until 2 or later all last year. I love it when nobody is around and everything is quiet. I am sure there are things that suck about not being able to sleep, but I will deal.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 08:48:44 PM »
Heh, sleeping is a waste of time.  I have trouble falling to sleep all the time, but once I'm asleep, I'm out cold.  I think once you start sleeping irregularly, it sort of compounds itself.  Next thing you know, its almost impossible to get back into sleeping regularly.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 10:11:15 PM »
I know what you mean, EP. I've always thought of myself as a night owl. But the truth is that I just stay up too late. And then it gets out of whack, and it's hard to get back to a regular schedule. And then you're just tired all the time. So at things like WorldCon, when I wanted to have all sorts of energy and stay up late and hang out with people, I end up just being tired all the time and probably not very good company.

I've been getting better, though. I've been making myself go to bed fairly early even though I don't have to be anywhere early in the morning like I did when I was working, and it does wonders for me the next day.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 01:01:22 AM »
Um wow.

My job means I am never ever bored because there is ALWAYS something I need to be doing at all times.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2004, 08:16:57 AM »
Yeah, one of the reasons I love my profession is the variety.  Every patient is a new person to interact with and a new problem to solve.  You always have to be thinking.  Which is good since I'm easily bored by repetition.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2004, 09:16:19 AM »
I never said I was bored. I said I was tired. There's always a lot to do, but often i'm just exhausted.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 09:38:25 AM »
Well then Dr. P, maybe you can prescribe for me some lenswear that'll allow me to zoom in on things.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo