Author Topic: Please Save Paul  (Read 26437 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Please Save Paul
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2004, 03:53:48 PM »
So, anybody up for a hint?  This is getting kinda circular...
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2004, 03:57:07 PM »
See the problem is going to be that I don't think most of the board members know you.

I suppose a good hint would be to tell them why it is that they haven't met you.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2004, 04:06:36 PM »
Yeah, true.  I think everyone who's met me already knows the whole story.  (Or, parts of it at least.)
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2004, 04:26:17 PM »
so uh.... yeah. about that hint. were you going to drop it?

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2004, 04:26:37 PM »
See the problem is going to be that I don't think most of the board members know you.

Yeah, cause I was too stupid to start coming to TLE three years ago when I should have.  [Note: that's NOT where I know Brandon from.]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 04:29:22 PM by MsFish »

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2004, 04:29:44 PM »
It's their own fault for never stopping by TLE to visit.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2004, 04:30:48 PM »
Don't you want the old editors to leave you in peace? I would have thought having us keep visiting for 3 years after we graduated would be somewhat annoying.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2004, 04:52:45 PM »

And see, that still means something's "fishy" about the whole affair, girls. If she doesn't have time for midnight raids, then why is Old One posting at 11:30 PM from an IP address that is used by Ms. Fish later? OO either had Ms. Fish over today, or was off at a computer lab (the Wymount one not being open that late) at that hour, leaving her available to run around at that hour. The latter leaves a whole in the "not able to run around" story Fuzzy gave, the previous proving a closer connection.

Actually, SE, you forgot to convert your times.  While she was posting at 11:15 for everyone in the east, near Colorado, Utah, ect. she was actually posting at 9:15pm.  

Seeing as Fuzzy Octopus says that Old One has three offspring, on of which is four years old, it is safe to say that the rest of her children range from 2 years old to eight years old.  Old One's time being consumed by her chldren and whatever else, normally it would have been safe to say that she, in fact, did not have time to be out of the house.

However, her children being between 2 and 8, they would all be in bed by nine or ten, giving Old One the time to slip out of the house.  This would, in fact, give the opportunity to be posting out of the house, or have someone postin gin her house as the case may be, we don't really know.

So as of now, we have no real proof that Old One is, in fact, the fishy girl...

However, when I saw the Old One sign on the forum for the first time, I too thought that Old One could very well be Ms. Fish, so keep your eyes open for any other proof, since I do find it fishy (SE is rubbing off on me...) that an Old One is hanging out with a BYU student, so either Old One isn't old like they claim, or the fishy one isn't a student.  Or maybe they are related.  Just some food for thought.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2004, 04:57:57 PM »
Ah, but Old One *is* a BYU student herself, you see.  So it wouldn't be very odd for her to spend time with another BYU student. And Old One's other two children are 2 and 6 years old.

Also, Old One and MsFish are *not* related.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2004, 05:04:12 PM »
no, it's not unusual for a parent to be at BYU. that's not what's fishy.

And I did convert, Gorgon. The time post for me on the East coast is 1:30. Which is 11: 30 in Utah.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2004, 05:04:37 PM »
Not related, no, but Brenna and Old One are very good friends, and since Brenna seems to be in on the secret with Ms. Fish, it wouldn't suprise me if Old One had invited them over for some fun and girl talk one night.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2004, 05:07:33 PM »
Pfft, SE, you're screwing up my nonsensual reasoning!  When I went back I saw an Old One post at 11:15 here, so I thought that is what you were talking aboot.  Now we are back to torturing the fish, which was my favoritre plan from the begggining...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2004, 05:14:16 PM »
look at hte "sarah" thread. at first I thought those two posts were within 5 minutes, but it's actually 12 hrs, 5 min apart. I woulda had a better case if it was just 5 min. Then I would have them nailed. doh.

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2004, 09:17:15 PM »
I agree with Gorgon. We should have tortured the sea creature until it confessed.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2004, 09:46:24 PM »
Y'all are funny.