Author Topic: li'l help...  (Read 2075 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
li'l help...
« on: April 23, 2004, 12:08:05 PM »
At the grave risk of being mocked for this one, i'm asking. Keep in mind that I don't think I've coded anything in the last 3 years.

I can't get the form verification thing for the quote ranking survey to work properly. anyone here with JavaScript knowledge who can tell me why the fields for the first and second quotes are passing as the same value even when I specifically mark them as different values?

the code that is doing the verifying is in this text file. (yes, it's fugly, I tried something more elegant (both a for (i in f) and a switch and was getting the same problem, I thought maybe I was specifying the array elements gotten from the form incorrectly, so I tried an uglier, but toughter to mess up, way of checking each one individually)

Or, if you'd rather, write me an entirely new survey code for this from scratch. Basically, I want an email address, and I want to get a ranking from 1 to 10 for each of those quotes. Each quote should have a different score from every other quote (which is the part I'm having trouble verifying)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: li'l help...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 01:52:23 PM »
How do you want the info collected/stored?  An e-mail sent to you?  in a file?  I don't know much JS, I could figure all that out, but I can also code a PHP script for you in about 20-30 minutes.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 02:13:48 PM »
the current form just emails to me. which is fine. I want to be able to make sure there's no duplications coming in. since we're going to be selling these, we want to make sure that we get the most marketable shirts out there.

if a PHP script would be easier, then do that. I'm not attached JS, it's just what I (used to) know best.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 03:32:30 PM »
I'll have this done in a while.  I need to go do something with EUOL, as well as runnung some errands.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 03:36:41 PM »
well, if you really think your family is more important than me.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 04:48:48 PM »
EUOL postponed our thing till tomorrow so lucky you.  I'm going to start your poll now.  I'll send you a file with instructions on how to install it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 06:21:34 PM »
I sent them to your lemur address.  Let me know if you have problems.