Author Topic: Evangelion  (Read 3216 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Evangelion
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2003, 05:00:47 PM »
I would say your right but 10 or 15 years ago it would have recieved an X rating. Having half an epsiode where two of the main characters are naked and having sex would do that. Plus the whole sodomy subplot would also do it.

Well anything that's on TV now a days would have had an X rateing 10-15 years ago.  And the "sex scene" is only like 5-7 minutes and has no sex at all.  It dose show thier butts while talking though.

I finaly saw the end of Trigun and ya it sucked.  Stupid end fight that was as lame as the rest of the series.  The only good thing that came from Trigun is Wolfawitz (the priest).  I also just realised that I watch like 80% less anime then I use to.  After thinking about it I have to say it's because so much of the stuff out now sucks.  It's just like the producer of Berserk said (90% of the stuff made from 95-2000 is just plain un-watchable).  Add the cost of buying the stuff too.

One of the problems is that there was such a boom in anime a few years ago here that companies (ADV is the worst offender) just pump the stuff out.  They don't care if they traslate it good, or if the series was even good to begin with.  And all these stupid fanboys/girls (they call themself "otaku", sheesh how lame.  The Japanese who like american stuff don't call themself "people/person") just buy the crap and like it just because it's anime.  I guess the only group of people that I just can't stand is the anime fans.  The ones that watch way too much of it for thier own good.  Every time I meet one I just want to take a baseball bat and beet them senceless.  And don't even get me started on their "ability" to speak Japanese, stupid morons don't even realise that no normal Japanese person talks like they do in anime/comics.

OK enough of that.  I haven't ranted in a while and for some reason when I started replying to this I thought of that and got realy pissed.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2003, 04:52:28 PM »
I have just started watching Trigun. Funny series. Not got around to Bezerk or Cowboy Bebop... but i have been going through as much Gundam Wing as i can. Great stuff.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2003, 01:31:06 AM »
ug Entropy what happened to you?  Not only do you like Trigun but Gundam Wing ???  What happened to the cynical person I chat with :'(
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2003, 02:41:25 AM »
Ha.  I still think you're strange for not liking Trigun, Sprig.  I thought it was pretty good.  Not excellent, but enjoyable.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 07:53:36 AM »
Well.... firstly i am british, so my sense of humour is several degrees removed from yours. Trigun reminds me of Red Dwarf a bit.

And i have a tendency to watch and then laugh at cheesy stuff. This tendency once made me watch Buck Rogers. Though i am enjoying GW a fair bit. If only i could download it faster...

I am sure that any time now 42 will drop in and call me a Neandrathral for liking Gundam but not liking artsy crap. I place $5 on it happening within 3 days.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch