Author Topic: Yet Another Call For Articles  (Read 66933 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Call For Articles
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2005, 10:45:57 PM »
Whoops. Sorry, I didn't know about all the problematic aspects of PDFs. No biggie if the formatting isn't preserved, I suppose. Trouble is, I'm not an html whiz either. :-/ So I'm not sure what to do about that.
I'm guessing that if I just copy and paste the content from my Word doc into that text box on the TWG "submit" form, it won't look pretty but at least everyone will be able to read it (if they so desire). Whatever works, that's all I was trying to figure out.  
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2005, 11:20:37 PM »
email one of us, Me, E, Spriggan, Fell, ... a copy of the word doc and we'll format it in html to match.  shouldn't be too hard. Actually, now that I think about it, doesn't Word have a "save as html" option?

"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »
Does it?  Because if it does that would make my life easier.  I'm sick of reformatting things.  I'm sure I'm forgetting all sorts of tags.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »
it does, but it isnt very good at it...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2005, 06:55:53 PM »
I've got a Rich Text editor done in Java script that's attached to the submit/edit articles on the new version of TWG.  Basically it means that you type it how you want it to look, like in any word processor, and then when you submit the article it'll automatically format the HTML for you.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2005, 08:40:30 PM »
Nifty!
Do I need to download a new version of TWG in order to get access to that program? Or can you give me a link to that rich text editor program? That'd be much appreciated. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2005, 05:41:38 AM »
Nope and Nope since the only way you (or anyone) will have access to it is when the new site is done and uploaded to this website.  If I sent you the editor it wouldn't do you much good since it has to be on this web server to work.

Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2005, 10:50:23 AM »
Tease! *sigh*

So I guess I'll just hafta email it to you, Froskar, Fellenezer or one of the other powers-that-be this Christmas season (once I do a final edit of the thing ...)
--Spriggan

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2005, 12:50:47 PM »
e! There's a review of Syriana sitting in the queue.

I've got another one of "Rent" waiting for the editor's touch as well.

"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2005, 01:06:31 PM »
Skar, do you want me to review King Kong? I imagine the BRothers Gibb are going to do it, but I saw it last night and thus could have a review posted today or tomorrow, in time for the release. Let me know.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2005, 04:23:14 PM »
The Gibbs brothers have already said they were going to review it.  They were going to see it last night but the prints didn’t arrive on time.  I imagine we’ll get one from them pretty soon.

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2005, 04:34:53 PM »
Groovy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2005, 05:59:48 PM »
Is my column going to be posted sometime soon?  Is it a problem that I'm still planning to do the Christmas one for next week?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2005, 03:35:40 AM »
SE is home with strep, and I only just found out today. We've missed a few days of posting becuse of it, but we'll get back on schedule today, and your Christmas article will be most appreciated.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2005, 09:10:20 AM »
I'm back at work, but have hours of catching up to do. I'm going to let Fell handle today. Did we forget your column last week? I'm sorry. I suck for that. Fell, can we run her other one some time this week as a late thing like I did with my last Page 33? We can double up since we've missed some days.