Author Topic: Nerdery 37: Plotting Along  (Read 1412 times)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Nerdery 37: Plotting Along
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 09:23:56 PM »
1. I like this, I think this was the game you were talking about that we'd have a whole team of supers and could switch between them each adventure.

2. We played this one, I think Harbinger played the gunfighter and I played the aquaman guy and I was selling ribbons to all the soldiers.

3. Also reminds me of Angel a bit.

4. Have no idea what this is about.

5. Don't really know anything about this, so you are like a tribesman fighting against the slave-traders or something I guess.

6. If I did this one, I'd make it more like Vampire Hunter D.  Same idea basically, but you'd be fighting against vampire overlords rather than aliens.  This sort of happens in the books already....

7. The civil war game was pretty cool, a sequel wouldn't be bad.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Nerdery 37: Plotting Along
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:32:44 PM »
2. You played the one at the start of Civil War, this adventure would be at the end of the Civil War.

4. Vasco de Gama discovered the route to India from Europe by navigating around Africa in 1488. I was thinking it would be cool to have him stumble upon a mystical land that would be profoundly effected by his appearance.

5. Zanzibar has been a center for slave trade in Eastern Africa since possibly as far back as the 1st century A.D. In 1698 is was taken over by Omar and became major source for slaves and ivory in the Middle East and Asia. In the 1800s the demand for slaves increased substancially, mostly do the a new demand from the new World. So I was thinking an adventure about a renegade group of slaves fighting against the Sultan of Zanzibar would be cool.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.