Local Authors > Dan Wells

Pain of Glass and Nightbringer

(1/4) > >>

libraloco:
Hello! I have two quick questions that I was hoping someone could answer. Yes or no will do fine, but details would be nice.

1) On Dan's Twitter, he said, "Guess what, manuscript I've been revising for months: PWND. The latest draft of my new book, PAIN OF GLASS, is done and sent to my editors." Since he's sent the manuscript to his editors, does that mean it's been bought by a publisher?

and

2) I read on the comments section of the blog post "A Whole Nother Book: Literally" (http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net/?p=338), Dan said, "Nightbringer will still happen, I’m just stopping to write [Extreme Makeover: Apocalypse Edition] first." Does that mean he plans on writing Nightbringer next or just at some point in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Dan's books are amazing and I'll be excited for whatever he decides to publish!

Renoard:
One can only hope that the title is improved before it gets to bookstores.

Peter Ahlstrom:
Which title?

His editor LOVES EM:AE and wants to try to get the rights. And having read the first part of the book, it's a perfect title for it. But there is at least one backup title.

Anyway I think Nightbringer won't be written anytime soon. Instead he has a horror series in mind that his publishers will want.

Most of Dan's books have working titles that are subject to change.

libraloco:
I think Extreme Makeover: Apocalypse Edition sounds amazing. Will Pain of Glass get a title change, or is that the final title? Will it be published by Tor as well?

Peter Ahlstrom:
None are under contract but editors are interested. Personally I think Pain of Glass is a good title but didn't really fit the book Dan wrote. He just finished a massive rewrite, so maybe it fits better now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version