Author Topic: What's a good follow up to Mistborn? THoA Spoilers.  (Read 6005 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: What's a good follow up to Mistborn? THoA Spoilers.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 06:34:19 AM »
Really? o.0

I have a paperback mint condition. xD

EDIT: OMGSHWOWZ!  That's worth $50!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Rrikor

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »
Congrats.  Can I borrow it  ;)  I promise it will come back in worse condition then sent to me :D

SirZelig

• Level 3
  • I'm not crazy! It's you who is normal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
i just wanted to say... the whole SOIAF thing makes me want to punch babies. I started reading it not knowing it wasnt finish, until a friend mine said "Yea, it to bad its not finished and probably won't be". Well anyways im still tring to finish WoT(on book 6) before or around the time AMOL comes out! ^-^
"All because of you
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
no, not the kind with halos;
the kind that bring you home
when home becomes a strange place.
I'll follow your voice;
all you have to do is
shout it out!"
Rise Against- The Good Left Undone

alSeen

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 11:51:29 PM »
ANYTHING BY ROBERT JORDAN! the Wheel of Time books, the Fallon Trilogy, or even his Conan books all great!

Loki76

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 04:58:48 AM »
I have to play devil's advocate here.  George R.R. Martin's books (a song of ice and fire) (ASOIAF)  are most definitely "raw"  which is both good and bad.  I agree completely on the issues regarding language, sex, and overall dark feel to the book.  I enjoy these aspect myself but not everyone would.  However while the author does lack communication skills and the book is taking a LONG long long long time,  it's going to get finished, quite certainly.   Martin seems to have more things on his plate then the one book, and ASOIAF is just one of his series he handles.  he just got the next book out in the wildcards series for instance.    I do agree he should communicate more,  but that doesn't change the fact that the books are easily among my favorite I have ever read, and I am looking forward to reading the next ones when they are out

BTW. he started whats called "rewriteing" once he finished with ADwD.  Its a process all authors do if they want the book to be the best it can be.  The feel I get from this author from reading his blog for years (since he started blogging in his "not a blog" blog,  is simply that he wants the book to be the best it can be, more then he wants this book (or the last ones) to be out fast.    but he still SHOULD add a bit more info......  ok a lot more info...

Loki