Departments > Books

Peter Orullian's first book

<< < (5/5)

Bookstore Guy:
High-five--I'll go fix them.

What do you think?  Think that was a good, non-ass-whupping negative review?  I didn't want to be too harsh on the guy, but the book was legitimately bad.

Peter Ahlstrom:
It was very conciliatory and completely fair. Pretty much the only other thing I would have done is use "I" instead of "we." Using "we" distances yourself from your own words, which in this particular review you may not want to do.

Bookstore Guy:
This seems to be following the same path that Eldon Thompson's novels traveled.  The opening book being completely derivative and predictable.  While the subsequent volumes may spin everything on its head, I think it's too late for that.  The damage has already been done, and the perception is already out there that this is a poor copy of Jordan's first novel.  Everyone knows I don't exactly care for for Jordan's work, but I actually found myself feeling a tad miffed at the blatant similarities.  Guess I have a soft spot for Jordan after all.

hubay:
Is there a link anywhere for that map? You guys made it sound pretty awesome.

guessingo:
I don't remember the url to his website. just google his name. its on there. Parts of the map were a little blurry in the book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version