Departments > Books

Peter Orullian's first book

<< < (3/5) > >>

guessingo:
@bookstore: Your reading pace is incredible. I don't know how you keep track of all those books. They would all get jumbled together if  I read at that pace. Particularly if it was in the same genre. It seems like you read 100 books/year. Have you always read at that pace?

Bookstore Guy:

--- Quote from: guessingo on April 11, 2011, 01:37:48 PM ---@bookstore: Your reading pace is incredible. I don't know how you keep track of all those books. They would all get jumbled together if  I read at that pace. Particularly if it was in the same genre. It seems like you read 100 books/year. Have you always read at that pace?

--- End quote ---

I write the review to the book pretty quickly after I finish reading (unless the book makes me feel 2 distinctly opposing feelings, then I think about it for a bit before reviewing).  Writing about the book helps with the retention of the material.

As for how many books a year I read...well, last year I averaged around a book and a half a week.  Didn't review everything I read.  Wrote nearly 60 thousand words worth of reviews.    I'm going to tone it down a tad this year since EBR has 3 extra awesome reviewers now.  Need to focus on writing, especially since I sold a short story over the weekend.

Peter Ahlstrom:
Where to?

Bookstore Guy:

--- Quote from: Peter Ahlstrom on April 11, 2011, 04:47:27 PM ---Where to?

--- End quote ---

An anthology Paul Genesse is editing.  Not quite sure when the anthology comes out (late summer maybe?), but it will contain quite a few stories with a demon-centric theme, and will likely be very inexpensive to download through all the major online bookstores.  I'm pretty stoked that Paul gave me the opportunity.  Baby steps and all that, and now I'm focusing on my novel with some added confidence. 

WriterDan:
He isn't still accepting entries, is he?  I just got one of my WotF entries back that's a demon-centered story.  Dang.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version