Author Topic: A&F Galore 3.2 - Oh Father, What Art Thou?  (Read 4162 times)

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
Re: A&F Galore 3.2 - Oh Father, What Art Thou?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 11:28:22 PM »
I feel a disturbance in the force... buttons...the buttons are clicking.... A million buttons clicked out in communication and should be SILENCED!!!

This woman has ISSUES.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 11:29:20 PM by Master_Gopher »

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 07:10:47 PM »
Yeah, well, she -did- have her kids taken away about a decade ago for being mentally unstable... I'll say... and she didn't just ask Beca to stop, she grabs her phone, hides it, then rings me up the next morning and tells me off for it.  :-/  Wierdo.

-Idiot-Detector Reading: Off Scale.  Unable to Determine.  Overload-

Anyway... Hear ye, Hear ye:

The latest update in the ongoing saga of the crazy Parents!!!

Two days ago... Wednesday it was - Beca and her mother and various siblings returned from Sydney.  Beca was picked straight up from the station by the girl (Crystal) she'll be staying with.  That was fine.  Mother had a nice lecture and rant but thats fairly common.  I'm not even going to comment on the number of times I've been talking to Beca on the phone and the mother has been at opposite ends of house... and I can hear every word, perfectly, of her screaming at someone.  Lovely woman.  Anyway.  So, that night, (with an adult... she doesn't go back there except with an adult) she quickly went back to get her dog.

As -another- quick example of the father's craziness, she found that her dog was tied up on less than a metre of chain, no food or water, not cleaned up after or anything... nasty guy.  She didn't see him.

Later that night, she found out crystal suddenly had to go to syd for two weeks, and she can't be in the house alone (medical probs - fainting etc.... don't ask).  So, she spent yesterday trying to find somewhere to stay, picked up the rest of her stuff from home, stayed with some friends last night, and today she's going to a temporary placement for two weeks...

And now, she has to survive on no money for two months, until she's 15 and can get youth allowance.  Obviously, we're not going to let her starve, though we sure as hell aren't going to tell her that we're going to (or are) giving her money through danny (the DoCs dude).  Oh, and JP, Tess - do me a favour and though I doubt that if/when you meet you'll even be talking about that, don't mention it k?

So... does it never end?  At least she's out of there.  Her general plan is to move away from there in 2 months when she's 15, probably to Armidale, when she's got funds.  
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 07:44:54 PM »
Dog vs parent. Round one! FIGHT!

Dog strikes at groin! 76% damage! Dog slashes with paws, 22% damage!

Man attacks with moron slash,  is blocked by dog!

Dog farts in mans direction! 10% damage!

FLAWLESS VICTORY
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 10:46:34 PM »
Animality!
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 12:39:35 AM »

Oh, and JP, Tess - do me a favour and though I doubt that if/when you meet you'll even be talking about that, don't mention it k?

Course.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 10:11:05 PM »
Dog vs parent. Round one! FIGHT!

Dog strikes at groin! 76% damage! Dog slashes with paws, 22% damage!

Man attacks with moron slash,  is blocked by dog!

Dog farts in mans direction! 10% damage!

FLAWLESS VICTORY

I don't know about out there in the Koala Whackin' Crazy Outback, but the dog isn't allowed to touch the man here--animal cruelty laws.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 11:10:18 PM »
Now all we need to do is prove that the dog was under extreme mental stress at the time.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005, 07:16:48 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately dogs ain't allowed to attack men... otherwise I'd be buying dogs all day long and shipping em there.  

Anyways, latest update: she's at a temporary placement home, really nice people, and she'll be there for at least another week.  

I'm desperately trying to convince ehr to stay there till she's 15 (and can get money and funding from government) instead of going to Tambar Springs, which is isolated and only about 15 kms away from the shop... and when she's 15, moving to armidale, and just bypassing TS completely.  

So... that will be the upcoming drama.  We're getting somewhere though, we're getting there...

Y'know, when this is all over, I -really- need to get some sleep.
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2005, 11:35:08 PM »
Ah, the solution is before your very eyes. Just ship ninja monkeys over there. Although they aren't technically allowed to attack people either, they are skilled enough to not get caught. I mean honestly, how many times have you seen, "Ninja Monkey Beats Jerk Even More Senseless" on the news?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 08:59:06 AM »
My ninja monkeys require a fee. They don't work pro bonehead.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 09:49:33 AM »
My ninja monkeys require a fee. They don't work pro bonehead.

+10 points.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan