Author Topic: Happy Things go here  (Read 27587 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things go here
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2005, 03:45:43 PM »
*Chimera puts on her sincere face*

Of course you are our friend, e! (Do you like how I'm speaking collectively, even though technically I have no right to?)

On a different topic, I am happy because I saw Revenge of the Sith last night with EUOL, and I was able to see it before I overheard any spoilers; though, admittedly, there was very little to spoil. I still was interested to see just how Anakin got seduced to the Dark Side and what exactly happened to Padame and the babies.

But I will save any further comments for the Ep III threads.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »
'Tis my birthday today, and I am pretty happy that my parents decided to get me the complete series of Far Side comics as my gift.

Thanks, Gopher.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 06:55:38 AM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2005, 12:18:38 AM »
I have that.

Happy Birthday.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2005, 06:55:34 PM »
I happy because instead of the horrid catered meals I normally have to serve at the health center, today the admins decided to tell off the caterers and got KFC. It made everyone happier and more content.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 06:56:25 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2005, 08:01:31 PM »
Mmmmmmmm...KFC...
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2005, 08:02:13 PM »
Fried chicken......fattening....greasy.....

Hey, wait. I eat organic! And I like it!

Actually, all I want right now is chocolate, fatty, cholesterol clogging food. I'm sick of dang vegetables!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 08:04:04 PM by Chimera »

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2005, 08:05:58 PM »
Aww!  But Veggies are great.  

If you like to talk to tomatoes
If a squash can make you smile
If you like to waltz with potatoes
Up and down the produce aisle...

I'm happy because you can't listen to Veggie Tales and be upset.  Thank goodness.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 08:07:31 PM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2005, 08:08:01 PM »
That's barbaric! Singing Veggie Tales AS you eat vegetables! It seems so...canabalistic

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2005, 08:08:47 PM »
The fun (and very tempting) thing about my work is that there's a drawer the receptionist provides for the employees that is FULL of candy. So you don't have to go get a full bag of something--just go grab a Red Vine and let it take care of your craving.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2005, 08:09:10 PM »
I'm happy because I'm barbaric and cannibalistic.   ;D

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2005, 08:10:44 PM »
I'm happy because I'm barbaric and cannibalistic.   ;D

Yea, you would be, MsFish.

J/K  ;)

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2005, 08:13:47 PM »
The fun (and very tempting) thing about my work is that there's a drawer the receptionist provides for the employees that is FULL of candy. So you don't have to go get a full bag of something--just go grab a Red Vine and let it take care of your craving.

I don't find licorice tempting. Now chocolate, I can never turn it down. I was at writing group with EUOL and Parker yesterday, and they offered me some soda. I said, "No thank you, I'm avoiding sugar." And then Holly said, "Oh, then you don't want any of this Milka bar?" And I said, "CHOCOLATE!!!" and ate more than my fair share of the bar.

I have no self-control.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2005, 09:55:35 PM »
It's true.  Chimera likes chocolate.  Of course, I was the one who sent out the email declaring that EUOL was having a party, and that Chimera was to bring the food, Holly the drinks, EUOL the plates and silverware, and Kimball the napkins.  I was in charge of announcements and eating.  As I sent the email about two hours before the writing group, I thought it was pretty clearly a joke--but they all brought their assignments.  So now they seem to believe I should bring food next week?  Is that fair?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2005, 11:34:35 PM »
Did you do your duty and supervise the eating?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »
Ok, not the most happy thing, but it's rather funny to me. So I work with knives at work. Big ones. Probably about a good 8-10 inches long. I've been working there for about 9 months now. I have a glove for my left had that protects it from being cut. I wore that for maybe the first two weeks before deciding I'd be fine without it. And so, months passed and I never really cut myself. Until tonight that is.

I was cutting a rather tought part of the roast beef. I usually get through it sooner or later, usually without much of any danger happening. This time however, I went to hard through it and came right to my thumb. Luckly the nail was there to catch some of the brunt, but I still struck through some skin.

Then, maybe not more than a half hour or so later, I come back to this tough cut of meat. I remember that it is tough, but I figure it won't do any harm, again. Nonetheless, there she comes, right back into my left hand. But this time for my left pointer finger knuckle. So, I finish cutting this lady's beef, see the cut and am quite surprised. I'm about to walk away, but I pick the untensils back up and give the lady her meat. Then I proceed to walk away to find a bandage.

Luckily the managers weren't in the office at the time, so I got to walk around trying to find a supervisor to get me one. Finally I found one, and was given some minor first aid as a bandage and something akin to a finger condem, minus the contraception part.

So yeah. I'm happy that I've finally been brought back to reality and shown that yes, I can and do still bleed hemoglobins. I'm unhappy however that if I put too much pressure on the finger it begins to bleed again. Hopefully it will heal soon.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo