Author Topic: review: Mission: Impossible 3  (Read 2814 times)

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
Re: review: Mission: Impossible 3
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 09:59:44 PM »
I duno, Tom Cruise used to be great, but hes EVERYWHERE nowadays and hes starting to grate on my nerves... because of that and that alone I really have no desire to see this movie
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 03:33:16 PM »
What happened in the first five minutes should really have happened in the end of the movie.  

JJ Abrams does that occasionally with Alias episodes. And if you've watched Alias lately, there was an episode where a character had a bomb in his head, too. It's just JJ's style.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »
The first five minutes WERE (mostly) also later in the movie. The point was to create tension right off the bat, and I don't really disagree with the choice.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 08:30:25 PM »
SPOILER

It made the bad guys speech in the aircraft so much more nasty - because your KNEW he would make good on the promise. I think it helped a lot of dialogue that otherwise might not have been quite as good much more powerful, make the viewer say 'oh crap, listen to him Ethan'.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch