Author Topic: Jedi versus Ninja  (Read 5024 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Jedi versus Ninja
« on: June 07, 2004, 11:08:08 AM »
I've got 8 Jedi and 7 ninja figures on the 3.75" scale. Of course, two of the Ninja are Scarlett, and one of the Jedi is actually a Sith, but still. I need another ninja, I think, to even the odds. Then I can set up a battle royale.

So... who would win? Assuming that the ninja swords could block the lightsabers without being cut in half. Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, and crew? Or the lean mean, Qui-Gon/Mace led machine?

Oh, and you have to say WHY, or your post will suck

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi versus Ninja
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 11:19:28 AM »
In a battle between Jedi and Ninja, uncertain the outcome is. Strong are they in the dark side. Focus the Jedi must. Lightning they will throw and charbroiled the Ninja will be. That is the way of the force.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 05:41:56 PM »
Well, to answer your question I would need to compare and contrast the two opposing forces.

Ninja- Fast
         Strong
         Crafty
         High Reflexes
         Battle Trained
         Ninja stars
          Intelligent (in general)

The Jedi have all these qualities and they can use the force to both predict the immediate future AND force push anything from their opponents to their opponents ninja stars, deflecting them.  Also they could move their surroundings to obstruct the ninjas' paths.  I think that because of their obvious advantage of the Force the Jedi would conquer.

And just to stop the question in it's tracks Ninja would without a doubt beat pirates, bears, sharks and canadians.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 08:00:11 PM »
Depends.

Can the ninjas sneak in and kill the Jedi in their sleep?  That is, after all, generally how assassins do things.  Only a foolish ninja lets himself get caught in a head-on fight with an opponent.  It's all about the planning.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 08:36:54 PM »
No, they cannot.  This is soley because of a trained Jedi's ability to sense disturbances and wake up if danger approaches.  In any situation the Jedi gets the upper hand due to his/her ability to sense danger and avoid it.  The force gives the trained Jedi a large supioriority.

Now if they were padawans it would be a whole different story...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 08:54:54 PM »
The real question is, can any of those defeat me?

The answer is no.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 08:59:29 PM »
The Jedi have the advantage, simply through the force, unless you take into account the possibility of ninja magic. In that case the Ninjas could, like, self destruct taking out the Jedi and then reform afterwards.

Like in Shinobi.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 09:05:31 PM »
While all shinobi games are great and ninja magic is a possibility, a jedi can neutralize the blast by deflecting it with the force.  

Since magic must be affected by matter, or it wouldn't hurt the Jedi and have any affect on their bodies, a lightsaber made of plasma could technically deflect the blast, as plasma is a form of matter.  And since the force can effect that which seems to effect matter the force by itself could, on a theoretical account, deflect the dangerous blast of magic back at the sender making them the reciever causing more damage to the ninja than to the Jedi.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 09:10:48 PM »
No, dude:

I'm not talking about a little bit of pushing around here. I'm talking about MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS from the ninja magic. The  force CANNOT block this stuff. Blaster fire, sure. Not nine self destructing Ninjas standing on all sides. I mean, the whole building would come down on their heads, they'd have their hands full using force levitate to not be crushed.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 09:27:56 PM »
Well then, it all really depends on three factors.

1) How trained are the ninja.  I mean, are they shinobi or are they ninja or are the padawan ninja, still learning the basics of ninjitsu?

2) How trained are the Jedi.  Are they Yoda good, are they coucil good, are the medicre average, are they new Jedi or are the Padawans?

3) If a Jedi were to use the force to contain a Ninja with the Force, would they still be able to use self destructing ninja magic?  
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 10:31:39 PM »
This is soley because of a trained Jedi's ability to sense disturbances and wake up if danger approaches.

I'm not convinced that the Jedi could sense danger if they were sleeping, but you're right--it would be pretty hard to ambush them.  That puts the ninjas at a disadvantage, I'd say.

The big problem with "Jedi vs Ninjas" is that 'ninja' is such a broad term, while Jedi is a fairly well-defined, single-system organization.  You'd have to narrow it down to a specific genre of ninja in order for us to really decide.

In other news, I think this is the nerdiest conversation we've had in a LONG time.  I'm not sure what to think of that.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 10:46:36 PM »
I think unless you are fighting supremely trained shinobi warriors the Jedi would have too much of an advantage for it to be a fair fight.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 10:54:50 PM »
From what SE has posted, these appear to be GI Joe ninjas. GI Joe ninjas, while neat, just aren't that tough. So I would have to vote for the Jedi.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 11:09:16 PM »
Yeah. if they were Koga Ninja it would be a different matter.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 11:42:30 PM »
Here's the ninjas:
Storm Shadow