Author Topic: Superfly in the Iron Mask  (Read 18768 times)

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: Superfly in the Iron Mask
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2005, 01:47:48 AM »
I'll second that. Here. Have some chocolate. :)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2005, 01:48:55 AM »
Nah.  I'm swearing off chocolate.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2005, 01:55:39 AM »
For Lent? I can think of easier things to give up--like breathing, or eating lightbulbs.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2005, 01:55:55 AM »
Well I'll take the chocolate then.

I'm bored. My husband got a new PS2 game today.  I think i should take up video games instead of reading - he can get a good 40-50 hours out of a good RPG, I breeze through a paperback in 3-4 tops.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2005, 01:57:15 AM »
But then books are a tenth of the cost, so a tenth of the entertainment time is fair I guess...

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2005, 02:00:08 AM »
Besides, it would be a shame to give up books.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2005, 02:04:25 AM »
No, not for lent.  For my health.  I'm going to try to lose weight.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2005, 02:09:06 AM »
But, I'm offering virtual chocolate! All the remembered taste and none of the calories.

Church is at 8am tomorrow, so I must be going.

Good night Fish and Fuzzy.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2005, 02:23:17 AM »
Just got back. North by Northwest. I love Cary Grant. And I love Hitchcock. Together, they're brilliant. And funny, too. I forgot how funny that movie was.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2005, 02:29:19 AM »
I have to be in the right mood for Cary Grant. Sometimes he's just too smug for me to handle.   ;D

You know? he's one of those people who always plays himself - like Will Smith. No matter what his character's name is, he's CARY GRANT (tm).

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2005, 02:49:15 AM »
That's true. But he's so good at it. Though his love scene in NbNW really is quite funny to watch. He doesn't quite know what to do with his hands, so they just kind of sit on the back of the girl's head.

So I got a listing for the most amazing New York apartment today, and she's flexible on move-in, so it might actually stay available till May. $815 a month, for a private room on the Upper West Side, with washer-dryer, dishwasher, wireless internet, and a block from Central Park. That's amazing. It's about made my decision.  ;) Of course, I do need to find a job, all that. But that's just icing, after seeing pictures of this apartment!  :D 'Course, depends upon the roommates, too. I'm going to go see it over spring break, if it's still available. But I'm afraid it'll be snapped up.

Oh, which reminds me--just talked to my sister today, and they're probably going to come out for my graduation. Yay! They went out to BYU for my undergrad graduation, too. It's really nice to have family there, especially when you're not expecting anyone to come. Still not sure, but she's looking into it.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2005, 02:53:10 AM »
Wow.  I want to move to New York!  That's awesome Stacer!  

I talked to my mom on the phone today and I told her that she and my dad don't have to come to my graduation.  They don't really want to come out to Utah, and I don't really care that much about the ceremony, so we're just going to not.  I wonder if I'll regret it, but oh well.  We're going to do something fun over the summer instead.  

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2005, 02:56:23 AM »
I had the same discussion with my parents. I'd rather the money for the plane rides be spent so *we* could fly to Ohio for a little while.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2005, 02:57:54 AM »
Yeah, between plane tickets and rental cars and hotel rooms, my parents are going to save a lot of money by not coming.  So we're going white-water rafting in June with the money.  I'm soooo excited.  So, if I get sad that my parents aren't here in April, I'm just going to think about that.  

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2005, 03:01:45 AM »
Wow, whitewater rafting sounds really fun. My sister and bro-in-law went snowboarding while they were in Utah, so it was vacation time for them. I babysat Abram all day (he was 7 months old at the time)--it was hilarious to have him in the baby backpack and have people give me the "I didn't even know you were married!" speech.  :P I know Izzy and Jeff met him that day--don't remember who else was at the HumPub back then. Probably just them. Maybe Kristy.

I'm really excited for it--I can take Abram to the Children's Museum, down to the ducklings and the swan pond, etc. It'll be a blast.

Oh, and if you guys care to see pictures of the apt., I put the link on my lj.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 03:02:07 AM by norroway »