Author Topic: Real Arcade  (Read 1881 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Real Arcade
« on: July 13, 2005, 06:31:07 AM »
Okay lately I am addicted to Real Arcade games. My three top favorites right now are Tradewinds 2, Diner Dash, and Jewel Quest. I have already time-wasted many hours on these games, particularly Tradewinds 2 because it actually has a story and strategy and the writing can be really funny at times. And each time you play with a different character you get a slightly different story. AND you get to blow up pirates! How cool is that?! I've been forced to become a GamePass member so I can get a cheap game each month--now I can't wait until next month when I can purchase Jewel Quest, since my demo ran out.

So, anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone else gets obssessed with these games you can download off the Internet.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Real Arcade
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:19:41 AM »
I had a long standing addiction to Snood about 6 years ago.

More recently I had a bit of a fling with Bejeweled.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 09:31:36 AM »
I played Bejewled 2 every day at work for about 2-3 weeks until I broke a million and haven't touched the game sence.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »
Yeah, I got Bejeweled-overdosed. Though I never broke a million...that's pretty cool.

I find, though, that I prefer Jewel Quest because the boards change and there's a fun little story you get to "uncover" as you progress. I like games with a storyline more; however, you need your mindless entertainment as well so you can veg every once in awhile.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:45:32 AM »
Jewelquest was too easy, first try and I passed all the free levels about 5 times in a row before I just closed the game due to boredom.  The full version is probally more intresting but I'm not paying money for a game I could easly make.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 09:56:02 AM »
I blew that score away. Perhaps that's why I haven't visited in a very long time.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 10:40:56 AM »
Jewelquest was too easy, first try and I passed all the free levels about 5 times in a row before I just closed the game due to boredom.  The full version is probally more intresting but I'm not paying money for a game I could easly make.

The online version of JewelQuest stinks. I found that out when I downloaded a free demo of the real version, which was so much better it blew my mind. You should download a free demo from RealArcade or Yahoo and see--although, I warn you, you might get hooked like I did.

If you can make JewelQuest (the full version), please make me one too.  :D Even the online sucky version--it'd just be cool to have a game that I could say, "Hey, my friend MADE this."

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »
Text Twist is like crack, that is all I have to say.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.