Departments > Music

Teen Angst, or something

<< < (2/4) > >>

Fellfrosch:
I bet I've done most of them at one time or another, and usually on purpose. I also hold the honor of being the only person to ever stab Mustard with a rake.

I feel really stupid arguing in defense of teen pop, and Pink in particular, but "Don't Let Me Get Me" is actually pretty good (at least lyrically). The contradictions in the song are probably purposeful, and fit the idea of teen angst quite nicely--the struggle between individuality and peer pressure is practically the hallmark of being a teenager. You could also look at it from another angle, and say that she wants to be somebody else because she doesn't like the way that fame has changed her. Both interpretations fit, and can even work simultaneously.

House of Mustard:
Fell, please stop it.  I really didn't want to have a logical discussion of this.  I just wanted to say that I don't like Pink and I don't like Avril Lavigne, so there.

For that matter, I don't particularly like teen angst, so I don't think it should be defended.  Maybe Pink said those things on purpose, but maybe she should also get stabbed with a rake.

Fellfrosch:
Maybe you should get stabbed with a rake. Or whacked with a shovel. Or forced to listen to Avril Lavigne.

House of Mustard:
Well you know, life's like that.

Mr_Pleasington:
Or get hit in the head with a hoe.  Wait...that's be the same as listening to Christina Aguilerra.

I hate both the terms Boi and Grrrl.   Their use makes me want to poke my own eyes out with SARS infected needles.  Woe be unto the person who would actually use such "language" around me.

Oh, and a funny Avril note.  She claims to have written her first hit (can't remember the name) in two minutes alone one day. Funny, her writers claim it took them a few hours and she wasn't even involved.   Now that's "Complicated"

Sheesh.  Pop Stars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version