General > Suggestions Box

TWG/Forum Improvements

<< < (3/28) > >>

EUOL:
Sorry, SE--I meant to get back to this earlier.

I think your suggestion is a good one, as I said--I was just pointing out a potential problem.

As I think about it, the 'Your Guide to X' threads might be good as an extension to the FAQ.  Meaning, if they gave a bit of an explanation about the threads they link to, they could be of great use to newcomers.  Then, I could include them word-for-word as the 'popular threads' section of the FAQ.

Then, at the bottom of the 'Your Guide' threads, we could say "Check out the Forum FAQ for more information on interesting threads."  That would encourage people, maybe, to go read the FAQ.

Just a thought.

EUOL:
I have another suggestion.  What if we officially capped threads at a certain number of pages.  (Say, Ten?)  Then everyone could know when a thread is getting too long.  For those of us who like to keep track of how long threads get (for coolness) they'd be able to count how many pages their pet thread has gotten by multiplying the numeral after the title by ten.  For people who have dial-up, they won't have to wait forever while a thread loads for them to post.

Maxwell:
well I thinkn that's a good idea for some threads, but what about ones like word sense, we'd need a new every couple of days, and that would clutter things up...just a thought

JP Dogberry:
I must point out here, that the current word sense has achieved a length in three months the time the old threads took a year to gain.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
yeah, I'll go back through and add a link to the FAQ. RIght now I did give descriptions of the threads, so that should be good.

I think the length should be more like 20. It's just text. Text doesn't take long to load. Even on dialup. And that should only be on "frequently posted" threads, others it's nicer to have them all in one place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version