Departments > Books

The Complete Borders Implosion

<< < (2/2)

Archon:
If you look at my bookshelf, and go down the line of books, a good 80% of them came from Borders. Never really had good luck with Barnes and Noble. From what I've heard from articles on the internet and such, I might be the only one to say this, but Borders is going to be sorely missed.

Renoard:
We need a bricks-n-mortar that is a destination. A cross tween a Hastings and a CC's Coffee.

fireflyz:
I've never had a good experience with borders and am not surprised.  All of this has me wondering if companies like Borders and B&N were to go out, might it help out the indie stores?  I could see the brick and mortar local stores being able to provide hardcover and limited editions and older paperbacks.  While this would shift a lot of the business to ebooks (which seems to be the trend anyway), it would allow readers to purchase hardcovers if they wanted and allow the indies to thrive.  I don't know that B&N are going anywhere, but it would be interesting to see what develops.

dhalagirl:
Larry's comments were absolutely right.  I wasn't surprised at all when I heard about their closure.  It's been a long time coming.  While I'm sad to see any bookstore close, I'm not going to shed a tear over Border's passing since it means more business for Indies like the one I work at.  Now if we can just get publishers to realize that selling directly to Indies is a great idea, then everything will be golden!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version