Author Topic: More Grumpiness  (Read 41127 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: More Grumpiness
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2005, 05:13:33 AM »
/me backhands JP summarily.

And we only do it when the smiley says everything we want to say. In that instance above, using :( did the job of half a paragraph of text.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2005, 12:44:21 PM »
Indeed it did my fine scottish friend.
Indeed it did. As a longtime suffer of allergies and a world traveller to boot, I am often afflicted by horrible, sneezy achey and itching symptoms. It was never worse than when I moved back to VA from Washington State, where the pollen are completely differently. It was so bad at points that summer that I literally couldnt open my eyes because they itched so bad. I have however gotten better since then.

However I felt the addition of a  :( would say much the same thing and express concern and dismay to boot.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2005, 01:31:18 AM »
I didn't have allergies in Utah, but now that I'm back in Ohio my body remembers all the things it was allergic to here.

Same thing happened to me in Illinois, but I found they weren't as bad. Probably because I was living in Chicago rather than at home--they're usually just the same at home, what with all the cornfields and greenery. I think I'm more allergic to the kinds of plants you'd find wild at home, like the roadside weeds, than the trees and cultivated flowers in a big city.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2005, 09:18:34 AM »
Okay, that's it.

I thought we weren't allowed to make posts that consist of just smileys or "lol," or post twice in a row on the same thread for that matter. It seems like other people are above those rules, because you guys do it all the time.

*whine*
*rant*
*complain*

Whatever. From now on, I'm doing it too.

Just do it in the place provided. This thread.

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 01:24:39 AM »
What an excellent suggestion.

I'm grumpy because school is starting in three days and I have to acquire and move furniture into an apartment that is not ready, call Hydro to volunteer myself to the responsibility of paying the bills, find an internet service, discard this cel phone and get two others, buy random other accessories, buy textbooks, move all my existing boxes, and unpack and organize everything.

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2005, 01:26:31 AM »
I'm grumpy because thinking about my grumpiness makes me grumpy.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »
Two people at my work were laid off because their positions were eliminated. This makes me grumpy because they are good people and it's sad to see these things happen. It also makes me grumpy because it makes me worried that my position could be eliminated, too. I hate trying to find work and I like my job just fine.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2005, 03:29:13 PM »
I'm grumpy because I'm on a diet, and it's been going ok, and I actually have no desire to cheat on my diet while I'm awake but I've dreamed about cheating for the last few nights.

This does not bode well.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2005, 05:36:27 PM »
Keep up the good work Fuzzy, that's all the encouragement I can offer.

I'm in crisis mode right now. My anonymity has been blown. I went to my normal weekly volunteer job at the mental health center today. When I got there I discovered that I've been singuled out by the United Way as their volunteer of the week or month or something like that. So a couple of news reporters arrived to interview me and write an article for the Daily Herald.

So now I need Ninja Monkeys to go a take down the United Way, thus protecting my identity.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2005, 05:49:50 PM »
(42, I just noticed the Mandela quote.  I love that one)

I'm grumpy because the Canadian dollar is doing extraordinarily well, and it's putting Ari into debt.  (Her funds are in US$, her expenses in CA$)
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2005, 07:26:17 PM »
I'm amused that this makes you grumpy, Jade Knight. I'm not in debt just YET though. Apparently my dad's long lost friend who happens to work at the neurological institute has both furniture and a volunteer act/job for me. How much more can my life be a poorly-written novel? I'm loving it.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005, 08:38:54 PM »
I'm grumpy that gas went up to $3.09 a gallon today.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2005, 09:04:46 PM »
Ditto...and even though I know that gas prices are leaping up because of major natural disaster that has costs the lives of hundreds of people...actually that just makes it suck even more.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2005, 03:10:18 AM »
We're lucky out here, you can still get gas for around $2.6/gallon though I'm sure by Friday that will be much higher due to the hurricane and Labor Day weekend.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2005, 09:12:34 AM »
just remember, re: gas prices. In georgia, there are stations charging over $6/gallon. that's... incredibly crappy.