Author Topic: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekly!  (Read 25081 times)

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekl
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 02:36:57 AM »
Ooh, something else from MOON! today, a little web ad we were asked to put together for another comics site a while back, hope it makes you smile! That honest looking fellow's name is RATT, and he's rather important in the story, but more of him later…

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 02:37:12 AM »
Something a bit different here, as we've just got a few pics from the Bristol con we did up on the site HERE. First up, here's one of my favorite sketches I did from the weekend, this one done for the very cool lil' lady Lefran who was down for the day with a load of guys from ConceptArt:

Then, at the end of the first day, a very talented surfboard shaper called Dale Walker showed up at our stand asking if I'd put some art down on the nose of one of his boards. Thinking it was gonna be a lil' boogie board or somesuch, I happily agreed, only to see him strolling towards our stand ten minutes later with his own personal, fresh off the bench nine ft longboard! Yoips! Anyways, you know ole' Lorenzo likes a challenge, so I took a deep breath and went for it...

[/url]

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006, 03:02:56 AM »
Let’s start today with a lil' MOON! flyer we did a while back…

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:12 AM »
So, it's time for another chunk of MOON! concept stuff, this one from a little while back, when I was doing some colour sketches using pencils and watercolours...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:27 AM »
Now it's time for a visit back to ole' Malcsy, methinks! This was the opening page to issue 10, showing both the colour and B & W storylines running together! Ooh!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:42 AM »
There are many strange and dangerous creatures in the world of MOON!, but few come close to the mysterious and perilous inhabitants of the LOST SYSTEM...!

Oh, and No, I don't know what I was thinking when I drew that left arm either! Hoho! Hey, c'mon, guys! It's a sketch! Woip!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:58 AM »
Okay, a little more One Night in the City...

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2006, 03:50:51 AM »
Well, time for another chunk of MOON! concept stuff today I think, this one's from my vehicular design sheets and is some kind of mobile city, yikes!...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2006, 03:52:52 AM »
It's been a while since we've said hello to that foolish ole' rabbit, so let's rectify that, shall we? Here's a teaser we did prior to the launch of MM10 back in May...ooh!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2006, 03:53:36 AM »
Okay, so time for more of that nutsy MOON! concept stuff, with a fairly recent environmental sketch. My ethos for life is that you never know when you're gonna get caught with some time on your hands, so always keep some pencils and paper close at hand! With that in mind, I did this a few weeks ago on a moving train between Bristol and London, yikes!

Oh, and remember that surfboard design? Well I've got an update on that coming for you reeeeeal soon!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2006, 03:07:13 AM »
Now, I promised you guys an update on that surfboard design, and here it is! Not the actual board itself, but a re-working of the image made from the original photo. Hope you guys likey, more on this soon!

Lorenzo!

Time now for a little Malcolm, methinks, this page taken from issue 10 in the Black and White world of Happy Hippy Dale...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2006, 03:05:41 AM »
For those of you who regularly check in on this thread, you'll remember the Vunder Vooman mini-tutorial I posted a few weeks back (have a look through folks, you'll find it!). Well, I figured that I'd try to do a similar thing whenever I produce an image which has some new or unusual technique involved in it's production, or which has some interesting stages within the build-up of the pic. As such, here's a VERY mini break-down of how I went from low-res photo to high-definition photoshop illustration on that ole' surfboard design...!

Hope this is fun to look through!

Lorenzo!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2006, 12:57:01 AM »
Been busy so I haven't had time to comment.  I like your tutorials, you make coloring seam easy, I enjoy seeing how various people color their art.  Just about everyone does it different way that's very distinct.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2006, 03:41:16 AM »
Hey, Spriggan! Yeah, you're totally on the money, there, man. There's no right or wrong way, it's just what suits your style best that counts! More tutorials on the way, pal! Thanks for taking the time to post!

Well, another week rolls to an end, hoo-flippin' ray, that's what I say! So here, for you guys before you leave work/bolt out of school/stroll out out of college/shut down you laptop and get ready to party, is another little pic from from MM10 depicting the Four Walls and a roof muesum of oddities! Hoho!

Have a grrrreat weekend, folks, I think it's gonna be a hot one here in dear ole' England!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2006, 03:26:39 AM »
Well, by Broski Bob's back after having been living the snowy life up in a 'boarding chalet in Morzine for five months, and then living the wind-surfey life in Hungary for a month, but the Blink is finally back together! Alriiiiiight!! So, expect LOTS more nutsy new images as our collective brains pop and fizzle for the next 18 weeks or so with all the MOON! stuff we're gonna be working on! Good to have you back, brother!

Here's some Malcolm!