Author Topic: So am I wrong here?  (Read 2937 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: So am I wrong here?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 12:29:23 AM »
I think the only part I feel bad about is kicking him off my couch, since it sucks to sleep on the floor (especialy now that I know he's sick).

I don't feel bad about banning him from my TV or entertainment.  

I don't even care if he stays here longer, I just feel that he's not wanting to do those things he promised 42 becsaue no one is makeing him.

And I have no problem moveing things around if it makes the situation easier on 42.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 12:30:41 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 12:51:13 AM »
What EUOL is suggesting may be a good idea, but it would drive me insane.  I had a roommate effectively move out of her bedroom and into the living room this summer, and I nearly hurt her.  Common space should be common space, I think.  But then, I'm sure this situation is different than mine was.

Haha. I did that essentially for a few months when I lived in Alpine over the summer.  Fortunately I was more or less living alone at the time. One roommate who moved out mid-summer and one who slept at the apartment about two nights a week, because her parents were like 20 min away and her boyfriend was about the same distance.

I don't think you're wrong Spriggan.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 12:52:25 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 01:21:13 AM »
I realized that what I said could be taken out of context, Sprig when I was saying I dont understand why you have to validate yourself I meant that I have been there and had to do roughly the same thing. I had a roommate move into the house who came from south africa, and when he moved in it meant I got the master bedroom, but most of the common furniture in the apartment, almost all of the cookware, and the TV came from me, including two couches. One day I came home from work to find Fred the roomate who slept on a mattress on the floor cooking rice in the microwave in my best saucepan. Yeah, good saucepan, (metal) Rice (mine) good microwave (mine) and nothing but smoke pouring out of the kitchen while Fred sat watching my TV drinking my Coke. I freaked,... really freaked, especially since my first reaction was to throw open the door of the microwave and try and move the pot as quick as possible.
the plastic on pothandles burns
it burns badly
fortunately the microwave did not explode.

Anyway since Fred was Jobless at the time and not paying rent, and I was kicking in over half with most of the stuff in the apartment being mine I went ballistic. Did the same thing your doing and forbid him from touching my stuff...
Then I told him that he needed a job.

So yeah.

I feel you.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 03:35:35 PM »
Wait.... Spriggan being charitable?

Are we talking about some alternative universe spriggan here? The spriggan I talk to on MSN is a something positive character :S
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 10:37:30 AM »
Like many of life's problems,  This can best be explained by fish

By allowing this guest to stay, pay little rent and crash on the couch.... You are giving him a fish

Forcing him to get a job and his own place (Get back on his feet) You will be teaching him to fish

And House guests are like fish... after a few days, they start to stink
Alles!!!