Author Topic: review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  (Read 2129 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
Re: review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:44:14 PM »
Radcliffe actually said on Leno last night that the director for Order of the Phoenix would stay on for Half-Blood Prince.  So, that's good news if this one turns out.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:03:09 AM »
I'm really impressed with how Order of the Phoenix was transfered to film. It's really dark (like Batman dark).

Yes, a lot got cut from the book, but I didn't miss any of it. Some scenes from the book got reworked to fit into the film length better. I do wonder how easy the film is to follow if you haven't read the book. There  is a lot of nuance that just seems like it would be lost to those who haven't read the book or know the characters.

I am a little nervous now about Alan Rickman playing Snape in the next movie. He didn't really seem to shine in this movie, even though he had the opportunity. I hope he's not so lackluster in the next film.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 05:16:32 AM »
So I've been thinking about upcoming Harry Potter movies and I've come up with my dream cast, following the guide-line that the actors must be British.

Aberforth: Ian McKellan or Christopher Lee
Scrimgeour: Anthony Hopkins
Bathilda Bagshot: Helen Mirren
Random Deatheater: Christian Bale
Slughorn: Bob Hoskin
Xeno Lovegood: Billy Connolly
Mundungus: Ewan McGregor
Yaxley: Sean Bean
Runcorn: undecided
Reg Cattermole: Martin Freeman or Simon Pegg
Mafalda Hopkirk: udecided

Would like to include: Jude Law
Would like to avoid: Orlando Bloom, Kate Winslet

Any thoughts?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.