Author Topic: Strange Dreams  (Read 5483 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Strange Dreams
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2004, 08:26:22 PM »
Yeah, I became boreed of just about every puzzle game I can get my hands on.  Tetris is the only one that sticks, and Adventures of Lolo.  There's a good game...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2005, 05:21:40 PM »
ok, more strange dream
Last night, I dreamed I shot myself. In the chest. With a rifle.

I don't know how that works.

I called 911, then crawled to the bus stop, still on the phone (not a cell phone,a cord phone with apparently a very long cord), then I politely thanked the 911 operator, then lay in the gutter waiting for the paramedics. This old guy I apparently knew came by and pulled the bullet with some pliers. I had a hard time breathing, but there was no blood. So I just waited for it to heal.

v. strange.

There was also some part about me cleaning out this guys garage/attic and finding weird stuff, like a musical instrument with two sets of strings that stood up harplike. I was very good at playing it and I kept it.

There were bugs involved somehow too, but I forget how.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2005, 05:34:30 PM »
I had a really great cathartic dream a while back that involved beating someone up. It was awesome. Channeling my violent tendencies to an acceptable place, leaving me the sweet girl I always am in public.

I've also had some really weird dreams lately that involved living at home again and waiting for the school bus, but this bus was a triple-or-more-decker, absolutely huge, and it wasn't for school. I don't remember what it was for. And later it dropped me off, but not quite at our driveway, so my sister and I had to go into the ditch, which was actually a subway train channel-thing, including an electric third rail, and we had to run the 50 or 100 yards from where we jumped in to our front yard. Very strange. I think that particular detail has to do with the book I'm reading for my YA class, which involves a kid who hides out in the subway for 121 days.

I dunno, maybe I'm dreaming about home because I'm homesick for the small town life. I really do miss the peacefulness of living on the farm. Don't miss living with my stepmother all that much, which is evidenced by the fact that she keeps showing up in those dreams of waiting for the schoolbus, too.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2005, 05:45:34 PM »
but this bus was a triple-or-more-decker, absolutely huge, and it wasn't for school. I don't remember what it was for.

It was for Hogwarts

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2005, 06:41:20 PM »
Oo, the American Hogwarts is somewhere in Illinois! That would probably explain the train tracks, as well.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2005, 12:35:59 AM »
This is sort of hard to explain, because it was a very long dream.  But here is the short version.

All my family was at my grandparents house, we were having a sort of party.  One of my cousins and I went out to the car to get some soda pop, and the weather was getting very strange and moving fast.  When we looked up into the sky, we saw the face of Jesus, so we ran in to tell everyone.  When we came back out, the mother Mary and the Father were standing with Jesus, and you could see all of them instead of just their face like before.  Then all sorts of strange things began to happen, like earthquakes, storms, floods, etc.  

We all ended up staying where we were, not unusual as this is sort of the agreed-on place for my extended family to meet if anything like this ever happened.  We have food storage, well water, stuff like that there.

Weeks later, some of my family left to go check out things like news, other people, etc.  They were gone a long time, and while they were, all of these soldiers were running off to fight this war in the east.  They were all armed old-fashioned, with swords and armor, etc.  I wanted to go fight in the war, like some sort of impulse or compulsion to go there, but I shook it off because I needed to protect my family that hadn't left.

After that, this sort of minotaur came after us.  But he was only man-sized and had goat-horns.  Everyone tried to run from him, but I told them not to, because it would only make him more powerful.  I had a sword, but I knew that fighting him would only make him more powerful as well, that only faith could defeat him.  So I dropped my sword and let him try to kill me, but I knew he could not and when he tried, he was destroyed instead.

Well, that is the short version.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 12:37:40 AM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2005, 08:52:14 AM »
excellent. Time to write a comic book series based on that one.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2005, 06:45:59 PM »
Better than shooting yourself in the heart, freak. ;D
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2005, 07:45:06 PM »
well, I was serious
besides. I missed my heart. I hit the chest.
and I'd like to see YOU shoot yourself in the torso with a rifle.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2005, 08:29:33 PM »
My cousin shot himself in the chest with a shotgun only a few months ago.

I think fuzzy's dream about using a dull sword, that seems to happen too much in dreams.  Like no matter how hard you try, you can't fight someone off, or try to run but can't.  Or try to get a drink of water, but are still always thirsty.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2005, 09:48:45 PM »
yeah, I get that. where I try to punch the bad guy, and it's like i'm just kinda... fleh.