Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36117 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2007, 05:56:46 PM »
So... I still love Heroes, but I'm officially declaring it in a mid-season slump. The half-way point climax was cool, but right now they seem to be meandering a bit. And the characters are getting slighly inconsistent, which makes me fear a Lost syndrome. Hopefully the writers can still pull this off.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
Who's getting inconsistent?

I agree it's meandering. This is what they did at the beginning of the season, too--long, long wait for anything to actually happen.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2007, 05:40:01 PM »
Micah, primarily. He's been a shining beacon of goodness since the show started, and suddenly he runs off and steals a couple thousand bucks out of an ATM. And does he feel at all bad or try to make excuses? Nope, just smiles at his dad and says, "Look what I can do!"

I also think Mohinder is slowing being turned into a Jack from Lost. Yelling a lot, not listening to reason, pursuing a misguided target with reckless abandon. I mean, if he was really that serious about what was going on, he would've at least listened to Mr. Bennet

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »
I agree with the comment about Micah. And I kindof agree with the comment about Mohinder, except that he's always been the weakest character for me, and I can never get a good idea of what he's doing or why. It's very weird that he didn't at least listen to Bennet.

Micah's dad (whose name I can't remember...DL?) is a consistent character, but one I've never liked. I know a lot of people think he's really neat, and were disappointed when he fell apart on Monday, but that's how I've always seen him--a deadbeat Dad who can't hold a job, runs away from problems, and resorts to crime at the first opportunity. If he decides to turn around and try to get Micah's act together, I'll be pleased...but I'd be more pleased if he tries to shepherd Micah into a life of crime, because that would be far more daring and interesting.

Niki, on the other hand, I like more every week, and Claire is proving to be one of the most proactive characters on the show (Hiro is the other, but he's had two very slow episodes in a row). I've always liked Nathan, because he's such a conflicted slimeball, and I'm delighted to see so much growth in him over the past two episodes. I can really see him turning into the leader of a team, assuming such a thing ever happens.

Overall I think the show is still on track, but with some stumbles here and there.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2007, 01:03:11 AM »
Man, last night's episode was the best yet--very tense, very emotional, and great moments for every single character in it--even Claire's Mom had a scene to shine in. I'm fabulously excited for Matt and Bennet to become partners.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2007, 04:04:10 AM »
Last nights episode was very good. I liked that it answered a lot of questions and that it had more action. I also liked how the hostage situation resolved. I really liked that Mr. Radioactive was able to see through Matt and Mr. Bennet's lies and that Mr. Bennet had a plausible way to foil Matt's telepathy.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2007, 07:48:38 AM »
Yeah! This episode rocked. Fantastic!

There were some really cheesy lines in the first flashback, with its talking heads infodump, like "I'm comfortable with morally grey" and stuff like that...they were saying things that there was no reasonable reason for them to be saying in that situation.

But beyond that...the twists were great, and they kept surprising us.

So...WHAT DOES NAKAMURA-SAMA HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!?! Does he know about Hiro's power, or doesn't he?

Oh--last week--I think Ando did what stopped that bullet. The way time rewound and then ended up different didn't seem like Hiro's usual power to me. Karen says: They've established that Hiro doesn't change important things in the past...though that doesn't bode well for New York blowing up.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »
I loved this week's episode too.  I'm especially curious about the two mysterious females that have been introduced: the one with Matt and Ted, and the other this week at the end with the Company.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2007, 06:28:54 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmm! Juicy! This show is like a perfectly cooked steak! I mean, there's all sorts of spices and marinades, and other secret ingredients in here that just make this show fantastic!

This was THE best episode to date. I love how the characters are coming together and share certain moments together, even if they don't know it yet, or ever.

What's gonna happen next week? How many more episodes are we getting until they say, "Forget you guys! It's break time! HAHAHAH!" And then we all get up and march down (or up, or across, or from whichever direction your in) to the studio and demand they NEVER stop!

I knew I was going to like Parkman's character once he got more involved. Plus I didn't suspect Mr. Bennet of being a complete evil dude. Just moderately because of his profession.

The backstory was excellent in the point of giving us new information as to who the Invisible man was in his past life, and who Mr. Bennet works for.

JUICY!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »
Which Hero are you? (Quiz)

You scored 75 Idealism, 45 Nonconformity, 41 Nerdiness 

Congratulations, you're Mr. Bennet! You are one mysterious person with mysterious motives. Despite all the mystery, it's clear that you believe what you do is for the greater good, and you are obviously a well-educated person in your field. Your best quality: Dedication to your work/organization/etc. Your worst quality: Keeping too many secrets 

Hahahhaha. I wouldn't have picked him for myself.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »
Nice, I got Mohinder Suresh. I'm quite pleased with that.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2007, 07:54:11 PM »
Yep, I'm Hiro. Kind of figured that's where it'd go.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2007, 09:37:01 PM »
I'm Simone Deveaux.

Stats: 66 Idealism
            54 Nonconformity
            12 Nerdiness

According to this, I'm not much of a nerd. Ha! I got them fooled. *evil cackle*

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »
I'm Hiro! I got more than 99% on idealism, nonconformity, and nerdiness...I thought I was being a little more temperate than that, but there you have it.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2007, 10:56:31 PM »
I got Micah Sanders.

I also scored over 99% on idealism, noncomformity, and nerdiness.

It also said I was extremely perceptive.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.