Local Authors > Matthew Buckley

Bullies Don't Have Armpits

<< < (3/6) > >>

Firemeboy:

--- Quote --- Most publishers would count publicly displaying the whole book on your website (free or not) as a form of publishing. Most publishers pay for the exclusive right to publish your book (until it goes out of print)--meaning that you can't publish it yourself.
--- End quote ---
 That seems a bit too rigid an interpretation.  If that was the case, then anything I ever wrote, including a blog, a letter to the editor, or a post to a discussion board would first have to be run by my publisher to make sure it's OK.  I think the only time I have to give my publisher first rights of refusal is if I'm looking for somebody else to publish my work.  I think, and maybe Rob can correct me, that if I wanted to publish it myself (and make money), I could without getting permission from them.  Only if I'm looking for a third party publisher do I first have to go to Covenant.

But I guess it's all academic because I already ran this by my publisher, and they were fine with it.  Which may mean that they have no intention of publishing it, or that they don't think it will affect sales.

Firemeboy:
Seven and Eight are up...

http://stu-inst.usu.edu:16080/fikiwiki/index.php/Main_Page

Firemeboy:
10 chapters, all done and put to bed.

http://stu-inst.usu.edu:16080/fikiwiki/index.php/Main_Page

The book is currently at about 100 pages.  Chickens was 220, so I'm roughly half way there.

I've struggled through the middle section, although I think it's turned out well. The ending should move quicker because I have it all worked out in my head.

Do any other writers do this? They have the climax in their mind, but they've got to write a whole book, just to get there?

Peter Ahlstrom:
Yeah. Brandon often says middles are hard.

Firemeboy:
Finished through 13...

stu-inst.usu.edu:16080/fikiwiki/index.php/Main_Page

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version