Author Topic: Call for Articles the Next  (Read 58283 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Call for Articles the Next
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »
Now don't let's be silly.

Speaking of movies, have you been able to get a preview showing of Ep3, Skar? I want to know if I should schedule the review for the 19th, when it comes out, or the 20th, when you've had a chance to write after seeing it on the 19th.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2005, 07:27:49 PM »
No preview for me.  :(

"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2005, 10:37:13 PM »
Also I'd like to note that posting only press releases as that day's content is kinda lame, better then nothing I guess but a Press release shouldn't be set as a single day's item in advance.

I was thinking of adding a news section, much like gamespots, just for things like this.  We'll have to see if we want to have to constantly throw up things in it or not.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2005, 11:02:56 PM »
So, Green Ronin has asked for the .pdf of my little adventure. I've already sent it to them and hopefully I'll hear back from them in the next week or so. I told them that we'd publish this around the 20th, if the scheadule won't allow this, I guess we'll have to figure something out. Hopefully, we'll get it back earlier and be able to post it earlier. I figure the WotC back-log can wait a day.

I'm now starting to put together a .pdf of a mini-adventure written by EP. Assuming I don't get completely sidetracked by other stuff.

I also hope to get a squel adventure put together for the one I wrote.

The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2005, 09:51:07 AM »
I'm sure, Fell, that I will have a review ready in time to post on the 19th. I will, after all, have several hours to write it before you wake up.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »
So I got approval from Green Ronin. I just have to make some minor legal changes and I think I'm going to change some stats to reflect errata.

So I'm thinking, perhaps we could publish it on the 18th instead of the 20th. That leaves the 20th available for Star Wars stuff, and the adventure makes a good primer for D20 Past.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2005, 11:12:55 AM »
We are building up a backlog of WFRP stuff I believe - perhaps we could do a big day of nothing but WFRP? Several articles at once, just to show our devotion to it :P

Plus that makes it likely we'd get a link to the mainpage by Green Ronin or Black Industries...
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2005, 11:38:16 AM »
18th sounds good for the adventure, 42.

We can do Star Wars on the 19th, but I don't want to step on Skar's toes for this. Movie are his department, so clear it with him if you want to do a review. The trouble is, I'm sure we'll have several people who all want to review it.

We also need to keep in mind that one of those days, maybe the 20th, we'll have a magic prerelease primer from Prometheus. What delightful alliteration.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2005, 12:11:25 PM »
I bring it up mainly because we could probably have it on the front page by 4am eastern. But if Skar wants to do it, that's fine. I go to so few movies that I tend to review them.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2005, 12:14:50 PM »
No, I think it's a very good idea. There's also the possibility that we could get Dex to review it--he's seeing it tonight, and we would have time to write the review, edit it, and post it by the 18th at least. We'll have to see what Skar thinks.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2005, 12:40:06 PM »
Let me just say that "42's M&M Adventure" is a movie I'd pay big money to see.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2005, 12:41:59 PM »
only if it starred Elmo.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2005, 01:05:47 PM »
I've emailed Dex at an address I got off of one of his many websites.  Hopefully it's still good.

Even if he does review it, I'd like to see a review from e as well.  We've had more than one review for a movie before, namely LoTR 1.  No reason we couldn't do it again.

We could make the blurb point to Dex's at first and then add links to the new ones as they come in, and move the blurb back up to the top of the front page on the 19th.

e, send me your review as soon as it's written and I'll do my level best to get to it first thing in the morning so Fell can post it at his earliest convenience.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2005, 02:49:41 PM »
Yes: send your review directly to Skar, to make sure that he can do whatever he needs. I won't be able to post anything until around 11 or 12 that morning, because I'm seeing the movie at 8 :)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2005, 04:33:37 AM »
WFRP WFRP WFRP WFRP!

YAY!

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."