Departments > Movies and TV

The Last Airbender

<< < (2/2)

Kykeon:
I already told that to my friends a year  or more ago.  >:|
I mean... when was the last time an adaption of a cartoon or comic was worth the time spent looking at the movie poster?

Patriotic Kaz:
The first Spiderman movie was awesome

Dragon Shard:
Only one phrase can sum up my feelings towards this movie:

EPIC FAIL!!

ulysses sword:

--- Quote from: Valkynphyre on July 05, 2010, 06:11:23 PM ---Obligatory social commentary: much ado has been raised regarding the race of the characters in this film. Honestly, I believe that was the absolute least of this film’s problems. It may well be the greatest societal problem of this film, in that it reflects tastes and attitudes about race that could use some fixing in Hollywood (and among Hollywood’s customers, yes that includes you and me) but the only place where it really stands out is when we’re asked to believe that the blue-eyed white folk are actually from the same tiny, icy village as all those beautifully brown, epicanthically folded Inuits. Other than that? I didn’t notice race much. I was distracted by the lame movie.

--- End quote ---

I thought that race was one thing that this movie did almost (but oh so far from) right.  Almost every large scale fantasy book has different nationalities recognizable by racial characteristics, and the Last Airbender is one of the few fantasy movies that tried to do this.  It failed in many ways (whiter protagonists, firebenders being generic brown people), and it is NOT the thought that counts.  This had so many hints of greatness deeply hidden by choppy storylines and inconsistencies.  I wouldn't go so far as to say the Last Airbender was horrible, but it surely was the worst movie I have seen in quite a while. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version