Author Topic: Fog of War #4  (Read 1828 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Fog of War #4
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 02:31:01 PM »
They're doing the same thing with Star Wars Minis too, adding lots of new factions with very few figures that is.  Though at least in that game there's a wildcard team that can pair up with any other faction.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:56:05 PM »
But there is a fundimental difference with star wars minis,... no matter what they add there wont be a bad ratio of figures.

Lets face it though... with world war II your more likely to choose a faction and stick with it.

If the sold, Axis packs and Allied packs you have a better chance of getting what you want....

but thats just me. I havent been impressed with their minis or the game play.
Frankly, I think its a poorly executed game, which is sad because its a great concept.

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »
The last set had two new factions, one with 3 figures (2 uniques) and one with 4 figures (2 uniques).  That's not a great ratio especially considering the next set won't have any new figures for those two factions.  All the others (5) have plenty of figures though.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 03:38:03 PM »
I find the gameplay for A&A minis to be pretty good, but I have to agree that the marketing and set design is lousy. I don't know if I'd like separate boosters for axis and allies, but I wish they'd just pick a few of the important factions--or maybe a specific theater--and go with it. Trying to cover a jillion different factions and battlefields and campaigns and units in a set that only has 45 figures per release is just plain stupid.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 08:00:37 PM »
perhaps they should market them by theater and/ or campaign...
For instance...
Barbarossa
Overlord
Desert Rats
Burma Road
Guadalcanal
Bastogne

I cant see any of them doing poorly... Well ok maybe Burma, but there were some cool elite units there.

if they keep going the way theyre going they could sell a little maginot line for the germans to go around.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 09:08:10 AM »
Well the next set is already slated for March so the game must have been selling well enough for them to have finished a 3rd expansion.