Author Topic: More Grumpiness  (Read 41166 times)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: More Grumpiness
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2005, 04:32:26 AM »
Ari is gone = grumpiness.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 03:49:05 PM »
I'm grumpy because the hydronic radiator board in my bedroom is leaking. Now I have a wet mildewy carpet and need to clean my room and have the leak fixed.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Legion

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I am many within one
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »
If you think that is bad, during the spring time I had mushrooms growing through my carpet........yeah thats right mushrooms...  I had to remove have my carpet to find mold growing all over the floor and I saw it go up the wall.  This is an old place so it has wood paneling covering the concret foundation.  So I had to cut the wooden paneling to find mold growing all the way up wall.....It took a long time before that every went away, but finally its all gone.
Without death there is no life

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2005, 06:43:17 PM »
I actually now think that the water damage is comeing from my window, which isn't sealed well and gets hit rather heavily by the sprinklers. At any rate, the room really smells so I'm thinking of sleeping on one of the couches for a while.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2005, 06:43:39 PM »
Ew, usually when you find mold, you have to rip it all out and redo if you want to really get rid of it. I could never have survived in such a house. I'm really allergic to mold.

Speaking of allergies, turns out that the only allergy med that my doctor says will work for me is the one that my insurance company doesn't "prefer." So I could get Allegra for $10 a month (why do that? I could probably get it cheaper over the counter), which is pretty much useless because it doesn't work, or I could get Zyrtec for $35 a month. Add to that all the other things I take for stupid chronic minor things (things I must have meds to cope for, but alone they'd be minor annoyances), and my copays per month add up to almost $150. I'm grateful I have insurance, or it'd be more, yes, but still--I'm just plain grumpy because I wish my body worked right.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2005, 06:48:05 PM »
Ew, usually when you find mold, you have to rip it all out and redo if you want to really get rid of it. I could never have survived in such a house. I'm really allergic to mold.

Speaking of allergies, turns out that the only allergy med that my doctor says will work for me is the one that my insurance company doesn't "prefer." So I could get Allegra for $10 a month (why do that? I could probably get it cheaper over the counter), which is pretty much useless because it doesn't work, or I could get Zyrtec for $35 a month. Add to that all the other things I take for stupid chronic minor things (things I must have meds to cope for, but alone they'd be minor annoyances), and my copays per month add up to almost $150. I'm grateful I have insurance, or it'd be more, yes, but still--I'm just plain grumpy because I wish my body worked right.

Makes me glad that my Dad is a pharmaceutical rep., who just happens to sell Zyrtec so I can get it for free.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2005, 06:56:49 PM »
I'm jealous.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2005, 04:04:09 AM »
Makes me glad I have no allergies or other problems I would have to take meds for.

I hate medications.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2005, 03:05:53 PM »
I can't swallow pills. Just never got the knack.

Thus, no meds needed = good.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2005, 04:52:32 PM »
I didn't have allergies in Utah, but now that I'm back in Ohio my body remembers all the things it was allergic to here.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2005, 05:00:24 PM »
:(

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2005, 08:14:32 PM »
Okay, that's it.

I thought we weren't allowed to make posts that consist of just smileys or "lol," or post twice in a row on the same thread for that matter. It seems like other people are above those rules, because you guys do it all the time.

*whine*
*rant*
*complain*

Whatever. From now on, I'm doing it too.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2005, 09:40:48 PM »
After one day of sleeping on the sofa, I want my room back. But my room is completely dissarrayed. I also have to move everything out of the room by Tuesday so it can undergo some minor repairs. Minor repairs consisting of having the floor, ceiling, and two walls completely restored.

I guess I'm glad I rent right now.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2005, 02:05:44 AM »

Whatever. From now on, I'm doing it too.

I wouldn't advise it. Very rarely do the members of the board do that, and the ones that do have been here a lot longer than you have. They are above the possibility of a newbie slapdown. You, on the other hand, are not.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »
Nobody is above the possibility of a newbie slapdown!

/me slaps everyone down.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy