Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 41502 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Yet more grumpiness
« on: November 22, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »
I'm grumpy because I like long threads.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 01:31:28 PM »
Me too. Grr.  >:(

But it really was time to cut it off...
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:37:39 PM »
Spriggan wrote
No they don't take plasma from sick people, in fact I think you have to have a blood test before they'll let you do it.

Ah, but then I'll be okay, because chronic fatigue doesn't affect your blood. As long as I go while I don't have an infection, they'll never know...

But, that seems a little dishonest. And I probably won't risk it--it is most likely I need my plasma.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 01:41:29 PM »
Well, I can only give blood or plasma when I'm not on anti-anxiety medication. Apparently most anti-anxiety meds (and many anti-depressants) in the blood stream could cause siezure in some people. Course often I get turned down when they check my blood-pressure, since anxiety seems to adversely it.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:18:32 PM »
...because chronic fatigue doesn't affect your blood.

Hey, I have CFS, too. Didn't know that's what you had. Too bad for both us us, eh? I've found that exercise makes a huge difference for me. Anyway, the blood plasma thing twice a week would probably be too much for me--what with the needles being involved and not just the CFS.  :P But maybe it'll be just the thing to help you make ends meet!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 04:06:31 PM »
Hey, I have CFS, too. Didn't know that's what you had.

I don't talk about it unless I'm really grumpy. Like yesterday and today.
I've found that exercise makes a huge difference for me.

In theory, yes. But sometimes it makes things worse for me before it gets better. And it's hard to be motivated to do it when you feel sick and depressed.

I did go to a new doctor yesterday, and he thinks it is Candida. I've been diagnosed with that before and tried to get rid of it naturally. There is too much going on right now, so I consented to take an antibiotic--as long as he had a good probiotic. Which he did, so I trust him more than most medical doctors. At least he understood that killing off ALL bacteria in your body (which is what an antibiotic will do--both the good and bad bacteria that regulates your body, particularly the digestive system) was not the sole solution.

Hopefully I'll adjust quickly to the Diflucan. I may wait till after Thanksgiving to start it. Oh, and he put me on another diet--no sugar, fruit, white flour, yeast, cheese, or peanuts for three weeks to clear my system of all yeast-producing organisms. Yech. Back to eating only meat and vegetables and whole grains.

Major rantage. Sorry. Grumpy.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »
But sometimes it makes things worse for me before it gets better. And it's hard to be motivated to do it when you feel sick and depressed.

That's how it is with me and back pain.  I have scoliosis, but it's mild enough that it doesn't trouble me if I get regular upper-body exercise.  However, when I fail to exercise for a while, it makes it very hard to exercise; sometime's it's that much more painful the first few times.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 10:29:16 PM »
It's funny how working out makes me feel so good, but it's when I feel completely stressed out that I don't have time for it. This week, for example, I really, really need to work out. Well, I need to work out all the time, but the point is that I could use the endorphins and all that goes with it, plus moving my body helps release the stress.

I'm really, really stressed right now. Someone want to come by and give my shoulders a massage? I'm probably going to be here at work till midnight; I wouldn't be surprised. What with the virus yesterday, I'm even more behind than I was before, so I'm only about 1/3 through editing a book that I've already spent a week and a half on, and I have to get it done tomorrow.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 09:24:50 PM »
This is partially ironic, but mostly jsut dissapointing.

So my parents decide that they want to take my oldest nephew to see HPIV. Now obviously this means that my nephew needs more supervision--this is a PG-13 movie and my nephew is only 13. ::)

So I get invited to come along, as well as my litte sister and my younger brother. Then one of my older brother and his wife fly out here from Maryland. So there are now enough adults. :'(

Then comes the process of picking a date. Aparently opening night is not good enough for some of family, so we wait until Wednesday when everyone can go. Then there is the coordination of the movie time. Some prefer it at and earlier time and other later. We eventually come to a comprimise during the afternoon, that is acceptable to most everyone except for my nephew who is no longer relevant at this point).

So, today was the day to go see HPIV. there has been much juggling of scheadules. Tickets have been purchased. People fall behind in there morning errands. Of course lunch and other activities need to be completed. Then the is the innevitable rounding up of family members, some who feel it is only common curteousy to arrive at least 15 minutes earlier. Other feel that we should arrive no earlier than half-way through the opening credits.

Eventually, the family makes it to the movie theater--even my nephew. We get seats, unfortunately not together. The previews starts and are few and short. We get to see the opening credits and the introduction to the movie. We are enjoying things.

Then, 15 minutes into the film, the power goes out in the theater. And not just in the theater showing the movie, the entire film complex, and even most of the city. So we wait around for a half-an-hour, still no power. The theater owner starts passing out vouchers and refunds.

So my family returned to our cars and drove home, perilously passing intersections with dead stop lights. And thus I must wait for another day to see Harry Potter IV.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 09:25:04 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 09:39:26 PM »

I have scoliosis, but it's mild enough that it doesn't trouble me if I get regular upper-body exercise.

My roommate has mild scoliosis, too. She does a lot of tae kwon do (sp?) and pilates.

I'm really, really stressed right now. ... I'm probably going to be here at work till midnight; .... What with the virus yesterday, I'm even more behind than I was before, so I'm only about 1/3 through editing a book that I've already spent a week and a half on, and I have to get it done tomorrow.

Dang, that sucks! I hate it when you're up against this deadline that seems impossible. I hope you conquer the ms. long before midnight, though.
I was 20 minutes late for class on Mon. night because I hadn't finished this beastly marketing project, complete with a phoney author questionnaire, press release, list of target publications, marketing plan, and on and on.
I nearly had a panic attack just trying to get it finished, yet it's not like I procrastinated. All the research took much longer than I thought and "technical difficulties" got in the way. I think my MS Word is permanently screwed up on my computer and is in need of re-installation. blech.
Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 10:11:15 AM »
I'm sad because it's Thanksgiving and Grandma's gone.

In fact, this will be the first Thanksgiving in my life I can remember that will be spent without either of my Grandmothers (one's still alive, but she's in Utah and I'm in Canada).

It will also be the first I've spent with Ari, though, so it isn't all bad.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 02:33:24 PM »
Don't worry. Between Sister Prigoone and me, there's some grandma cooking skills in the world yet. And we will have a blast.

I'm grumpy because I just took a Human Cognition and Brain test in the middle of 4.5 hours of classes starting *ahem* at 8:30am. My amygdaloid complex and parahippocampal cortices are melting from the heat of upcoming examinations. I am currently sitting at the library between classes letting my brain simmer for lack of ability to do ANYTHING useful. Soon it will be time to step outside and let it instantly refreeze in -35723 degree weather.

And I am recovering from a mild panic attack - I had the hardest time finding the new grumpy thread.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 02:15:35 AM »
Then, 15 minutes into the film, the power goes out in the theater. And not just in the theater showing the movie, the entire film complex, and even most of the city. So we wait around for a half-an-hour, still no power. The theater owner starts passing out vouchers and refunds.

So my family returned to our cars and drove home, perilously passing intersections with dead stop lights. And thus I must wait for another day to see Harry Potter IV.

...ouch. That sucks.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 06:21:27 AM »
I would say it's more like a drop-kick to the soul, but saying it sucks works too.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 01:57:24 PM »
a drop-kick to the soul

That's so much more expressive...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!