Author Topic: review: Races of the Dragon  (Read 3199 times)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: review: Races of the Dragon
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 11:02:11 AM »
Lol, but if you give goblins the Swarmfighting feat as a bonus racial feat, that just makes them all the stronger as enemies.  Even worse, it doesn't help out a PC too much, b/c they won't be swarmfighting unless they have other goblins in the party.  And Leadership would be a bad racial feat too, it would come into play only at level 6, and suddenly all goblins have leadership?  Its too strange, doesn't really work.

Maybe Mounted Combat as a bonus racial feat, they mention that as a possible house rule in 3.0 monster manual.  Again this is kind of funny, because one of the goblin's main racial abilities is having a speed of 30 despite being Small.  The goblin is just poorly thought-out, not our fault.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »
Maybe all goblins and kobolds should be kamikazee creatures. They blow up when you kill them or something.

"Ok, you kill the goblin, and with great cleave manage to kill 15 more. Letsee... that comes too... 60hp damage to you, half fire damage, half flying goblin guts damage."

Mister M

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 03:54:42 PM »
Maybe all goblins and kobold????+??zee creatures. They blow up when you kill them or something.

The Munchkin card game actually has a monster called "Kamikaze Kobolds." The image is of a bunch of knee-high explosions surrounding an adventurer who is in serious danger of losing his lunch.
"When in Rome, do as the barbarians do. They won."

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 09:14:53 AM »
Now that I think about it, I'd give kobolds some unique weapon proficiency to some exotic weapon made jsut for them. Something like a power drill or bulldozer.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »
I have WEapon Specialization and Improved Critical in Power Drill, *and* I have a +3 cinder block bit screwed in.