Games > Role-Playing Games

1st ed. DnD

<< < (3/3)

Eagle Prince:
That was my 2nd time watching the Big Sleep, and I could almost keep up with the plot.  There's more double-crosses in that show than characters.

I remember what led up to those new characters a lot better.  Hextor's clerics managed to finish the ritual on the other side of the river, raising up the old bridge.  Then all the skeletons came at us, most of those just got turned/destroyed.  Then the drowned came at us, but we managed to take it down.  Then the lady challeged us to a battle of champions.  I had been wanting to do that before, back during the civil war, but we let the spiked chain weaponmaster have at it instead.  And of course, she ended up being a vampire and kicked the crap out of him.  So then we surrendered the city, but 42 got a resistance started before we left.  Then for some reason, it ended up with just me, you, and 42 for about a month, so we set our main characters on the backburner and started the 1st level chars, rewatching the vampire battle and then joining the resistance.

Seaoftrouble:
2nd edition D@D I believe took out the experience from gold unless you used optional rules and were one of the few class that received that adjustment bards and thieves I think  (it's been a long time).

You also should consider in 1st addition like other additions there are many DMs that never use a dungeon module so whats listed in an average dungeon module probably isn't what many players recieved in their 1st edition experiences. This is especially true when running games based on themes such as primitive tribes.   

Most DMs  were not and are not as generous with self made adventures as  the store bought adventures are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version