All of them!
2 (8.3%)
Ruin
1 (4.2%)
Preservation
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 14, 2008, 05:24:45 AM

Author Topic: What will happen in book three: HOA.  (Read 17475 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What will happen in book three: HOA.
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2008, 02:55:39 AM »
But his spike is now covered by a steel plate, right?

Yes, yes...to bad i loaned my book to a friend, otherwise i would have quoted it. Feel free to take this one Ookla... 8) All those poker playing years are finally paying off!

"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2008, 04:45:04 AM »
I am excused from ignorance on this point, because I didn't pick up on anything about Zane. Yup, I've never cared for Zane. I completely missed the "You were never insane" part, or the spike, or virtually anything about Zane until I came to the forums here. If anything, I'm consistent about that.

For the purposes of this topic, I'd vote Zane to be killed, but he's already dead (WOOT!), so I guess I can't. But if Zane comes back to life, I'd kill him again.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 06:32:55 AM »
Ach, dudes, I'm sorry. I actually gave something away (though it might be revealed in the next sample chapter, which Brandon should be releasing anytime now...). I must be slipping.

Had a tough day at work. Yeah, I'll use that as my excuse.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:38:56 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
Ach, dudes, I'm sorry. I actually gave something away (though it might be revealed in the next sample chapter, which Brandon should be releasing anytime now...). I must be slipping.

Had a tough day at work. Yeah, I'll use that as my excuse.

No worries, I actually thought you were leading us on which this quote might just be continuing. We can't be sure if you are duping us or not anymore. But on the off chance that you weren't pulling our legs, it gives us something to speculate on until Brandon leaves us another chapter.

If Ruin is controlling all Inquisitors, then they probably all have a steel plate covering the linchpin, which makes them a very formidable opponent. The first question I would have is, is steel important in this scenario or is it just the easiest metal to acquire?
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
I don't know that it's steel. That's just the metal that popped into my head.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
I am excused from ignorance on this point, because I didn't pick up on anything about Zane. Yup, I've never cared for Zane. I completely missed the "You were never insane" part, or the spike, or virtually anything about Zane until I came to the forums here. If anything, I'm consistent about that.

For the purposes of this topic, I'd vote Zane to be killed, but he's already dead (WOOT!), so I guess I can't. But if Zane comes back to life, I'd kill him again.

Zane is my favorite character!

He wasn't insane, the voices he heard was the Ruin. He was actually a decent person...take that back! >:(
"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »

Zane is my favorite character!

He wasn't insane, the voices he heard was the Ruin. He was actually a decent person...take that back! >:(

Kill him.

:o

I loved Zane.  When Vin killed him, I was a very sad panda.  Seriously, I loved the sections from his perspective.  What's more, Zane didn't listen to Ruin so for all we know, Ruin can be resisted.  (IE-There is hope for Marsh)

Now to get on topic, I voted more then one.  Sazed, Spook, and Marsh are all possibilities in my mind.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:58:29 PM by Wielder »
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »
Zane only had one spike (that we know of, only one is mentioned) so that's prolly why he could resist Ruin.

I think a lot of people will die; only Kelsier died in the first book (of the main group, I mean), and in the second book, a lot more died. So I think the third could very well kill off even more characters.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I am waiting for Vin to get Uber angry and draw upon the mists WHILE burning duralumin and rip an Inquisitor to shreds by tearing all the spikes out at once.

I agree with Qarlin about Zane.   Cutting himself helps him to resist, which EUOL said is important in an annotation.  A theory just came to me (surprise).  If bloodletting, even in small amounts, helps quiet Ruin, then would injuring Marsh in a similar way help him regain control, even momentarily?  Hmmmm.....
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »
I like it. Given a moment of clarity he may decide to kill himself. It might fit with what I posted last. The thing is. . .  What would you use to cause that kind of injury to Marsh? I would have to be powerful.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »
I like it. Given a moment of clarity he may decide to kill himself. It might fit with what I posted last. The thing is. . .  What would you use to cause that kind of injury to Marsh? I would have to be powerful.

That's where Vin comes in!
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »
If the theory holds, I'm curious what degre of damage he would need to take, it seems like he took plenty from Sazed and Ham at the end of book 2....
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2008, 11:27:50 PM »
If the theory holds, I'm curious what degre of damage he would need to take, it seems like he took plenty from Sazed and Ham at the end of book 2....

Yeah.  It sounds like Zane busted his arms up pretty good as well.  The thing is, I think if the inquisitor isn't burning pewter (or whatever else they might be doing with those pins through their body), they would probably be just like a human.  The question is: is he going to be able to stop Ruin from forcing him to burn pewter?
-Legacy of Kain

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2008, 01:43:20 AM »
I don't know that it's steel. That's just the metal that popped into my head.

Ookla is trying to tell us something--things don't just pop in his head, everything he says is carefully formulated...

It can't be steel, Kwaan himself said that nothing can be trusted but steel--it must be another metal...

The question, though, is what metal...?

Thus the topic for tomorrow is born!

"I love you."
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2008, 02:15:18 AM »
Haha :p Well, I just thought Zane was annoying throughout all of Book 2, that's why I didn't care for him.

The bloodletting relates to the link between Hemalurgy and blood, the link that is there, but not quite clear. I'm fairly certain the size and the amount of spikes has a great deal to do with Ruin's hold as well.

But, Ruin doesn't fully control Marsh's mind. He wants to kill himself, he doesn't want to do what Ruin wants. It's a start to resistance :P
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.