Author Topic: Music and TV commercials  (Read 3667 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: Music and TV commercials
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 08:55:44 PM »
I remember one a little while ago that annoyed me to no end. I think it was for Pepsi, and it featured "No Rain" by Blind Melon. My favorite happy song of all time, and they are tearing it down by using it inappropriately in a commercial.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 10:53:53 PM »
I think the #1 never-heard-of band for starring in commercials has to be E.S. Posthumus (feel free to disagree).

They've been in tons of commercials (I think they may have had music in commercials for both of the Spiderman movies, and I know I've heard their stuff in several others), but I and one of my old roommates (who introduced me to them) are the only people I've ever met who's even heard of them.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 09:38:23 AM »
Shadowy Men from a Shadowy Planet, I think, are only slightly more well known, and their tunes show up constantly.

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 12:23:43 PM »
Speaking of the Japanese who put the artist and song title on the commercial, I saw a shampoo commercial do that recently with an Ashlee Simpson song. I wonder if it will become more popular.

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 05:11:29 PM »
Great, now they're gonna be advertising via commercial ads.  

Thank God for DVR.  You can start the show 30 minutes into it, and avoid all of the advertisements!