Author Topic: Why isn't Mistborn 2 for sale on the Kindle?  (Read 1319 times)

UtopiaGreen01

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Why isn't Mistborn 2 for sale on the Kindle?
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:20 PM »
Your first book was given away for free for a promotion for the Kindle, and now it sells for the Kindle for $7.99.  Why not book 2?  Is there a reason not to?
First book for Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Mistborn-The-Final-Empire/dp/B0017098GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1219443171&sr=1-1

Maybe also sell your first novel there too.  Maybe people may buy.

Also if your publisher puts your other books on Kindle, can you at least make the Mistborn #2 cheaper than the paperback, please?  You go Mr. Sanderson!!!  LOL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:14:51 PM by UtopiaGreen01 »

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Why isn't Mistborn 2 for sale on the Kindle?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »
Yeah! What he said.

I tell you Mr. Utopiagreen, you make a lot of sense.  Are you running for office anywhere?  'cause I'd like to vote for you.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »
I'm going to guess that Kindle pricing is out of our man Brandon's hands... that sort of call is usually made at the publisher level, or possibly even in the ivory towers where shadowy Amazon and Tor executives meet to set prices while stroking white cats and summarily executing hapless staff who fail to put exactly four cubes of sugar in the tea.

I'm frequently bewildered by the pricing of digital content, which you would think obviously belongs at a price point well below that of print editions, both because of the ephemeral nature of the product being purchased AND as a competitive edge to support a new format, but no... it rarely seems to drop much below the price of physical media, leading the consumer to feel that somehow, somewhere, someone's being a greedy prat.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:18:44 AM »
Well they charge more because of the convenience.  I want to buy a Kindle so bad!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。