Author Topic: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekly!  (Read 25360 times)

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekl
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2006, 02:53:07 AM »
Well, we're having a Malcolm-heavy week here, huh, folks?! To continue that theme, here's a selection of panels from MM09. These babies are actually taken from a couple of pages, with another sequence in between the third and the forth panels, which is why they don't read too smoothly, but I thought I'd put 'em all together here for you guys to see. Hope you likey!

Oh, and for those of you who are into the MOON! concept illos, there's a new 'un coming real soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2006, 02:29:25 AM »
Okey-dokey, so as promised, here's some more MOON! concept scribbles...

Boy, have we got some cool things on the way for you lucky forum-ers! Be sure to keep checking in, peoples, BIG things are a-comin'!

Lorenzo!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006, 04:02:40 PM »
Alrighty then, my apt hunt is over! I want to live *there*!! Is heat and hot water included in the rent?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:03:16 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2006, 02:59:31 AM »
Hey Shrain! Hoho! Well, I think they've plumbed it in up to the third level, but I'm telling you, pal, when the elevator is out, the stairs are a nightmare! Hehe! Thanks for your post, pal, made me chuckle! More peculiar constuctions reeeeeal soon!

More One Night in the City to start this week, methinks!

Lorenzo!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:59:58 AM by Lorenzo »

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2006, 02:52:33 AM »
Well, another day, another Malcolm posting!! Hoho! Here's a selection of (unforgivably smudgy) pencil panels from Fikov's big fight at the start of MM10. Vikes! That's one angry bear!!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 03:24:49 AM »
An old one today, peoples, this being a little panel ad we did for the Bristol Con several months ago. Posted here 'cos I though you guys might dig that first pic interior shot! Hope you likey!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2006, 03:44:55 AM »
Well, check out some images from Malcolm 11! Here's a pencils-only stage shot of part of the Happy Hippy Dale story...

And here's a little zoom in on that panel showing the nutsy interior of the Museum of oddities...

More soon guys!

Lorenzo!

Here's another one of those watercolour concept sketches to keep you going! More tomorrow, folks!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2006, 03:07:47 AM »
Ah! The start of a new month!! I don't know much, but I know August's gonna be a good one here in the ole' Blink thread! Ooh! What treats we have on the way for y'all! First up, we've had a few requests of late to see the pencil versions of the One Night in the City panels, so here are two of my favourites so far, nice and big so you folks can hopefully pick up on the little details...

More real soon!

Loreeeeeenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2006, 03:06:51 AM »
Two double posts in a row! A few little odd ones, today, as I thought I'd show a couple of uber-mini teasers from some months back we produced, one for Malcolm 9, one as a VERY mini intro to Ratt from MOON!...

Stick around guys, oh, and for those who dig the stranger side of MOON! concept stuff, I'll be posting up Clippers, Paws, Tentacles and Paws in a "hands-only" special before the end of the week!

Weird!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2006, 03:47:18 AM »
Hey folks!! As promised, here's a few ideas I was throwing around for some of the many different "hands" I'm coming up with for MOON! characters. Whoip!

Stay tuned to this ole' Blink thread, as coming up in the next seven days we'll be showing you an UBER-exclusive One Night in the City image, some hotter-than-hot-off-the-press pencil panels from the on-going work on Malcolm Magic 11 (Hush the dragon and Tonka rrrrrumble!), and more fun stuff from the world of MOON!

Ooh!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2006, 03:33:21 AM »
Hey Psych'! Man, that is some GOOD work there, pal! If I knew what Runescape was, I'm sure I'd agree with you! Great work, fellah, keep on representing the Hoho!, I'm telling you, we'll have a cult following for that thing in no time!

PR! No, man, I need to gain a few pounds and get me a few few o' them's "magic flyin' horses", yet! Hoho! Thanks for the post, mister!

So, as promised last week, here's a little something rare...

It's approaching CON time here again in the UK, and the Blink Circus will be rolling into the LONDON MCM EXPO (it's a link, folks!) on the weekend of October 28th-29th. We'll post up loads more info as it gets closer, but right now I'm starting work on the VERY exclusive FREE sketchbook we'll be producing for the show. We do a new one of these mini (8-12 page) sketchbooks for every con we attend, which are free (with every £10 spent) at the stall. Limited to either 25 or 50 numbered signed editions, there have been two Malcolm SBs, four MOON! SBs and a One Night in the City SB, which was produced for the London Web and Mini Comic Thing we did in March. Obviously, unless you've managed to get a hold of one of these rare little gems, you'll not have seen inside 'em, so I thought today I'd give you a little peek in the ONITC one, here being a few pages from it.

Note in particular the first panel, which was produced (though not with the final colours) BEFORE last Christmas, and probably won't feature in the strip until AFTER this Christmas!! And they say I can't plan ahead...!

Hope you enjoy, folks!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2006, 04:05:29 AM »
So, here are a few panels from Malcolm Magic issue 11, currently in production. As the plan for MOON! entails us producing most of the first season before launching issue 1, we're staggering the release of the last two Malcolm issues, and the final trade between now and early 2007. Fear not though, folks, as you can see here, issue 11 is gonna be a DOOZEY..er..I hope!

Note too that this is the first time I've drawn Tonka where he looks a bit "Naked". Hoho!

More MOON Watercolour concept stuff in the next few days, peoples!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006, 03:04:31 AM »
Okey-doodle-dokey! Here's some more o' that MOON! watercolour madness, a sketchier one than usual...!

More soon, peeps!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2006, 03:30:01 AM »
Ah! Well, here's a little fun one to start the week. Anyone remember that awesome double-page ad Campbell did for Danger Girl prior to it's release way back when? Well, for those who do, here's a compliment slip design I did as a little tribute to it's brilliance, for those who don't, it's just another slice o' MOON! silliness...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11:26 AM »
Here at The Blink we always get very excited when anyone says a few kind words about our efforts, so imagine our excitement to receive a review of Malcolm by those good folks over at AIN'T IT COOL!!

The Review, along with many others, can be found RIGHT HERE!, while Ain't It Cool is of course HERE.

"Muppets with feet and attitude..."

Hehehe! They get it!

Lorenzo!