Author Topic: Review: Cars  (Read 1065 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Review: Cars
« on: June 13, 2006, 05:41:17 PM »
GET-R-DONE

http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=1414&dep=4

Even though Larry the Cable Guy is in this movie I don't have much excitement for it, mostly because out of all the inanimate objects Pixar could have chosen cars interest me the lest.  Nor do I care for racing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:18:22 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
Re: Review: Cars
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 01:20:44 AM »
My dad and I went to go see it, we thought it was cute! Though we are both NASCAR fans... There were a few little things in there you wouldnt find funny or even catch if you didnt watch NASCAR, but it is cute.
The part about just taking a drive to take a drive - as I watched the movie I sighed remembering the times when I liked to drive around just because, now, gas is WAY too expensive to do that. $3+ a gallon? crazy
I liked the bit with John Ratzenberger at the end but thats all Ill say about that lest I be a spoiler
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:46 AM »
I took 3 of my nieces to see this movie. They liked it.  I thought it was well done, but I didn't find it to be that funny. It does have a good story-line and a nice little twist at the end (not a big twist, mind you).

I found Over the Hedge to be funnier, although it has a weaker story-line.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 01:07:35 PM »
It's hard for pixar not to get the "cute" or "charm" factor right in their movies, it's one of the things they do best.  However, I tend to like their comedies better then their more ABC family movie-ish type of films.  I'll still see it, but I'm not rushing out to the theater like I would for a Toystory 3 or Monsters Inc 2.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.