Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 18471 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2005, 04:15:47 AM »
Religion is the only optional question.

Name isn't. This is what gets me.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2005, 08:50:44 AM »
I don't understand this current trend of "I'm offended that you said things, instead of saying you believe something."

That's total crap. People are smart enough to recognize opinion. The fact that you are challenging it as an opinion shows that you recognize an opinion. I don't have to put <opinion></opinion> around something that is obviously opinion. Getting offended by that is useless and a waste.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2005, 09:05:29 AM »
*yawn* Back to something intresting, IMDB has this listed in the EP3 trivia section.

Francis Ford Coppola suggested Christopher Neil to George Lucas to be the dialogue coach. Lucas said that given the emotional intensity of Revenge of the Sith, and the fact that he rarely has time to converse with the actors, it would be ideal for someone else to be there to get the strongest performances possible.

Which will be a nice change since I thought some of the actors were a little flat in the first two, and who's going to argue about a guy not being qualified when he's recomended by Coppola.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2005, 09:08:18 AM »
oo! yeah. Line delivery was a problem in the last two. If we have someone teaching the actors how to act, maybe that will improve.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2005, 09:14:32 AM »
Ya, that made me happy too, I'm not worried about many of the people, but Portman and Christanson need some help.

Also on the good news side, March 22nd is the release of the Clone Wars cartoon DVD and the new season starts this week.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2005, 10:50:48 AM »
Yeah, its almost as much of a waste as getting offended by the abbreviation of 'what the patootie'. </cheapshot>
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 11:47:07 AM by SaintEhlers »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2005, 10:55:07 AM »
no, it would be a much bigger waste than that.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2005, 11:20:30 AM »
I just watched the trailer again. Wow. This movie will rock.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2005, 11:20:56 AM »
Ahh, right. I'm so glad I have you here to tell me these things Saint.

If you would pay attention...

you felt the need to put it in a, 'This is correct, and to think otherwise shows this deficiency'.

Is not...

I don't understand this current trend of "I'm offended that you said things, instead of saying you believe something."

I did not say your saying 'it was stupid' was wrong, it was you 'and people who think that are stupid'. It's a fairly large difference, one even an english major could pick up I would think. To take the cheap line, an equivalent is to say that people who support G Bush must be gullible sheep. Not a critism of the thing itself, but of its adherents.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2005, 11:53:02 AM »
Yes, people are stupid when they say things about a person's thoughts and ideas that are patently untrue and directly contradict things they have heard from that person about how he feels and thinks differently.

I kind of think that's dictionary definition stupid.

Now, what are you pissed about? Did I ever say that fit you? No, I specifically said it was not in response to something you said.

Are you done being pissy now? (oh, and I'll DELETE the post if you change it back. It's the exact same thing)

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2005, 12:50:39 PM »
Yup, I deleted it. That had nothing to do with the discussion and didn't even make sense.
NOW are you done?

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2005, 12:53:09 PM »
But when I hear people talking about how Lucas spoiled his own dream, I get bored and lose attention, since i think it's too exaggerated a comment for the context and doesn't show a grasp on what's going on.

Translation:  When I hear people who disagree with me I get bored and lose attention because it's obvious they haven't given the topic much thought and don't understand the nuances that I do.

Translation Translation: People who disagree with me are dumb and don't think.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2005, 12:54:27 PM »
NOt at all. Sorry, but that's just completely wrong. You must not have read, or else chose to ignore, everything else I've said since.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2005, 01:03:31 PM »
I want to make it clear that I am in no way claiming to smell like roses in this department.  I am fully aware that I tend to sound belittling and condescending when I argue/discuss things.  I don't (often) mean to and I'm working on it.

I posted my translations because that's how they came across to me, and, it sounds like anyway, to Entropy.

I did read and did not ignore what you have written since.  It doesn't change how your initial statement came across to me.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2005, 01:07:21 PM »
That's why I clarified later. You're saying that a person can't clarify what they mean?

note: I also said that the complaint was dumb. I didn't say any people were dumb.

Yes, there's a distinction.

To be clear, I also very specifically never said that "people who disagree with me (in general) are dumb" I was very specific about one idea.

And if you don't like that I think that idea is stupid, well, I can't change that. Saying different won't change the reality. But I didn't attack anybody, and yet I *was* attacked, and have been accused, several times over, of saying things I didn't.