Author Topic: Howdy! (revised)  (Read 2151 times)

PorterMcD

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • giddy-up!
    • View Profile
    • CowPunch
Howdy! (revised)
« on: June 03, 2005, 02:15:47 PM »
Hey all...

The name's Porter. 26 years old, currently living with my wife (of 2 months today!) in Brooklyn, NYC. By day I work as a camera man and editor for a video production company. We currently produce a bass fishing show called Lunkerville (www.Lunkerville.com). By night (and early in the friggin' morning) I'm a writer and webcomic creator. My comic strip is a one-year old, weekly called CowPunch (www.CowPunch.com). Check it out if ya got time to waste, I'd love your thoughts. I'm also a comicbook writer with an ongoing story in Western Tales of Terror (issues 1-3) and in a week will be trying to shop a new horror/comedy comic called Dead Meat (preview to come soon!).

So far I love this site for it's great reviews of the dizzying amount of webcomics out there. Very in-depth, very intelligent. Also...this is an incredibly active board which is awesome! I look forward to meeting y'all, giving and hopefully getting some feedback on our creative projects.

Until then...well...no more time to waste.  :'( back to work for me!

Adios!
Porter
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 06:27:34 PM by PorterMcD »
Nuthin' like a cold glass of CowPunch!
www.CowPunch.com

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 03:10:47 PM »
welcome to the board, Porter. Be sure to Read the FAQ and introduce yourself.

I like your comic. It's sick and twisted and made me laugh quite a  bit. I like how you use photos to make your pictures. Very clever.

You've got to get a good navigation system, though. There's no way to automatically start at the beginning, search, or even know how many comics are in the archive.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 03:26:28 PM »
I like it, especially the tentacles and, predictably,  the kid who pulls wings off of flies.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 03:59:05 PM »
Wow, I was surprised at how much I laughed at those. It's kinda like a grown-up-and-gone-bad Far Side. Updates once a week, I guess?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

PorterMcD

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • giddy-up!
    • View Profile
    • CowPunch
Re: Howdy! (revised)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 06:32:18 PM »
wow....lot's of responses so soon!

e: good point on the navigation. i should put in a button to the first comic. maybe another to an archive. (sigh) i really need to just revamp the whole site...it's time for spring cleaning. anybody got some free time to spare  ;)

tage: i grew up on the far side, so yeah...it makes sense. that and mad magazine!
Nuthin' like a cold glass of CowPunch!
www.CowPunch.com