Author Topic: These Stupid Titles VIII  (Read 74763 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: These Stupid Titles VIII
« Reply #315 on: January 21, 2009, 05:14:40 AM »
I think that I am a master of theoretical magic. Of course, like all good masters of theoretical magic, I've dabbled in alchemy. Also, good theoretical magic doesn't come cheap. Therefore, I have the greatest financial standing.

Green - I haven't posted in like two months. I talked about it more over in Brandon's Forum, but short story is that I over-theorized with HoA and needed a break.

Frog - the mutant veggie Idea is bound to work. You should, however, include corrupt masters of theoretical magic in your list of people they don't attack.

And just in general, everyone should want to ally with me simply because I am amazing.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #316 on: January 21, 2009, 05:18:23 AM »
Hmm. So apparently there are two self-proclaimed corrupt people on this board. At least. And those two are accusing an innocent of being corrupt...or at least one of those two is....I shake my head at you, Jacque. I shake my head at you.....How could you turn on me like this? I, who was your roommate and friend? And who stayed up until 5am reading your book! And you turn on me like this....Traitor.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 21, 2009, 05:28:43 AM »
Hey now, I never claimed to be corrupt, simply commented that corrupt masters of theoretical magic shouldn't be included.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #318 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:33 AM »
Don't you mean excluded?

And in my book, that comment pretty much amounts to a confession....or at least, you're admitting that you could very well be corrupt in the near future...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 21, 2009, 05:30:40 AM »
So the Lord Ruler is a tyrant because you say so and also you are not corrupt because you say so. If that isn't a power trip, I don't know what is. And now you are saying that our theoretical mutant veggies would not be able to distinguish a mercenary from the general evilness of the world so you should team up, which implies to me that you are placing yourself in the category of the general evilness of the world. Like I said, all I have to do is let you talk and... :)
I would never hurt our theoretical army. Any talk of eating them only came after saying if they fell in battle by another hand, aka yours, and because they would see being eaten as a high honor since they are already expired. And they aren't really aren't out to fight anyone anyway. We believe in the peaceful filming approach, which is why we don't need to animate trees or thorn bushes or anything else.  And if you still want to squish them with mercenaries and suppress their journalist rights that would only prove your evilness further and they will go down like Kelsier.

Oh, and more posts. Of course they wouldn't attack their theoretical creator. Our alliance has already been established, after all. In theory anyway.   :).

And again, he didn't actually say he was corrupt. Just that he didn't think our veggies should attack any corrupt masters theoretical magic that may or may not exist.

Wow, your really pulling out all the stops there aren't you Kendra? Well, turning on you just kind of developed over time, after you became corrupt and all. Friends don't let friends become corrupt absolvers without sicking mutant veggies on them... or something like that. And no one forced you to stay up until 5 am. I was willing to let you go to bed at 4 am. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 05:35:53 AM by Frog »
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 21, 2009, 05:36:09 AM »
It happens to everyone when they become level 16 absolvers. You're obviously corrupt. And no, I mean included. I want corrupt masters of theoretical magic included in the veggie no-attack list.  But since I'm creating them, that shouldn't be hard. Frog, just let me know when you have the veggies ready.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #321 on: January 21, 2009, 05:42:05 AM »
Oh well, thanks. I could've gone to bed an hour earlier. Wow. That really means a lot to me, let me tell ya.

The Lord Ruler is a tyrant because Kelsier called him a tyrant and Kelsier is God. Or at least he's a pretty high religious figure in the Church of the Survivor, and I'm a member of that Church, so therefore, he's pretty important. I listen to what he has to say....or rather, to what he said, since he's not exactly speaking a whole lot anymore....

And I never said that those veggies wouldn't be able to distinguish ME from the general evillness of the world, just that they wouldn't be able to distinguish a MERCENARY from that....And then I was saying that we (the mercenary and myself) are misunderstood individuals. Because he's only minorly depraved, and now everyone seems to think I'm corrupt, and I'm not. This is a misunderstanding. Which makes me misunderstood...obviously.

And Andrew, with the way that post is worded right now, it seems like you're saying you wouldn't want corrupt masters of theoretical magic included on the no-attack list.....I understood what you meant. But apparently you misunderstood me....again....All these misunderstandings are really starting to hurt. Why do you insist on damaging the reputation of a person who is only trying to help you? I mean, an Absolver grants you Absolution. Don't any of you want Absolution?

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 21, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »
So first of all if we are drawing up battle lines and I were to pick a side I would probably side with the absolver. We both seem to be misunderstood. It would seem that only the truly evil would band together against a bringer of absolution. I don't think however that I would be joining any side that involved Andrew in any kind of leadership position. I have traveled down that road once and I know where following Andrew leads. . . . . .  it leads to failure. I was once a follower of this Master of Theoretical Magic and it turned out poorly. In fact that is how TLR got proclaimed the HoA. Andrew could not defeat him even though he was evil. Although in retro spect I wouldn't call him evil, more like misguided. But that's beside the point. Let all of you who wish to think of yourselves as better than others feel free to raise an unholy army of veggie monster. Let you hide behind a crime against nature.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2009, 02:50:09 AM »
Man, i hope this doesn't happen when i'm level 12... Has anyone noticed that most of the people on TWG are Brandon Sanderson fans (including me)? Or Brandon Sanderson (not me  ;D)?

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2009, 06:22:39 AM »
Hey Green, that's low. I was not as experienced then. I was simply a lowly scholar. We all know how that works out (see Elend). It just takes some time. Unfortunately, I was defeated DEMOCRATICALLY by Chaos, not by the Lord Ruler. Although the 2 can seem kind of similar at times... So you really can't blame me. Besides, if you look at that thread, you can't tell me it's my fault. I did some good arguing .... er....debating .... there. If not for Ookla and his early endorsement of Chaos I might have won.

Oh, also Wilson is like 6 posts away from leveling. So it won't really matter. Unless she levels to a corrupt absolver....

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2009, 07:26:24 AM »
HEY! I will not level to a corrupt absolver. Mostly because, as I've already stated numerous times, I am not corrupt. So there.

And thank you, Monsta, for siding with me. Misunderstood individuals need to stick together....

And Andrew, Chaos has pretty much confessed to being TLR. Or rather, he's never denied that title, and he's been labeled it many times. And maybe the reason you lost to Chaos is the fact that he just posted longer posts than you did. I mean, you claim to be lengthy, but really, in comparison to Chaos, you're pretty succinct. Maybe people just thought that he seemed more political--with his long-windedness and everything. Or maybe that he had thought through things more than you had,  since his explanations were so in-depth.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
And Andrew, Chaos has pretty much confessed to being TLR. Or rather, he's never denied that title, and he's been labeled it many times. And maybe the reason you lost to Chaos is the fact that he just posted longer posts than you did. I mean, you claim to be lengthy, but really, in comparison to Chaos, you're pretty succinct. Maybe people just thought that he seemed more political--with his long-windedness and everything. Or maybe that he had thought through things more than you had,  since his explanations were so in-depth.

To which I respond:

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Evil, check. Lengthy, check. Well, a lengthy laugh, that is.

On another note, I would totally fight an absolver. Except if the absolver was me, which I certainly am, because I declared myself to be one. I can absolve people through sheer will.

Pfah!

Your alliance is petty and useless against that power.

One more thing! I would happily give you a massive rant telling you about my awesomeness and why your attacks against me are foolish. Just you wait.

Unfortunately, I was defeated DEMOCRATICALLY

Exactly. I was VOTED to my position. I have the will of the people. And that is why you shall fail!

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:32:30 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »

. . . . . .

Wow. That's....um....a lot of laughing. It's actually kind of creepy. Almost.

And why am I not surprised that you would make that kind of a claim? You can't just say you are an Absolver and then BAM! Be an Absolver. It doesn't happen like that. You have to truly be invested in the interests of the people you're going to serve. And you have to have enough time to devote yourself solely to them and their sins. Can you do that? They voted you in to be their Hero of Ages, and you ended up being a tyrant, the Lord Ruler. How can you blame us for teaming up to overthrow someone like yourself? You've turned your back on the people. We fight for the people. The people give us power now, since they obviously can't trust you.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »

. . . . . .

Wow. That's....um....a lot of laughing. It's actually kind of creepy. Almost.

And why am I not surprised that you would make that kind of a claim? You can't just say you are an Absolver and then BAM! Be an Absolver. It doesn't happen like that. You have to truly be invested in the interests of the people you're going to serve. And you have to have enough time to devote yourself solely to them and their sins. Can you do that? They voted you in to be their Hero of Ages, and you ended up being a tyrant, the Lord Ruler. How can you blame us for teaming up to overthrow someone like yourself? You've turned your back on the people. We fight for the people. The people give us power now, since they obviously can't trust you.

Tyrant's make their own rules.  ;)

On that note, being bored is in fact becoming boring.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2009, 03:25:15 PM »
Being bored beats being embattled, and it definitely beats being scared. 
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.