Author Topic: Things You Should Never Say When Stopped By A Poli  (Read 4676 times)

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Should Never Say When Stopped By A
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 06:08:34 PM »
Dispite having briefly lived in Utah, I don't know if it requires cars to have a front license plate. I know many states only require a back license plate and therefore a police officer can't pull you over or ticket someone for have no front license plate. Utah could be strange and require a front license plate but you should check out the DMV regulation for yourself. I wouldn't trust what the DMV worker said.

My gut feeling is that the police officer is pulling you over because he has watched too many movies and thinks that if you are driving a nice, fast car at night you must be up to no good. Police officers are funny that way. It is also the reason why many drug dealers and other criminal can't be convicted because police officers are unable to explain what their probable cause was for the stop in a manner that a decent defense attorney and judge won't openly mock in court. I know DAs try to teach police officer that their gut is not probable cause but they can only do so much.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
Yeah, I keep meaning to look it up. I know it is illegal, but I understood the law to be something not considered a moving violation. I will check it up.

I've only got a 3/6 tickets/pull over rate.

Half of all cops like me a little.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »
I've only been pulled over once by a police officer and I've never got a speeding ticket. This makes me happy. ;D

Although the one time I was pulled over I didn't have my license with me (I'd lost it and was waiting for a temp. to come in the mail since I was away from home for the summer) and my step-mom's insurance, whose car I was driving, had only an expired insurance card.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:53:09 PM by Tink »