Author Topic: review: Ultimate Rifts  (Read 5474 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: review: Ultimate Rifts
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2005, 03:46:35 PM »
stop nit picking there isn't missing info, I keep pulling out page numbers for your questions and you keeps saying "well there's still stuff not on that page!" so I point you to another page.  It gets old, there's not much point to it since no matter how many times I do it you'll demand another page about something else instead of just reading the stupid book.

So in other words: I win, you loose, deal with it.

It doesnt sound like you win though... I mean if the information isnt on the page you quote,... which is what E has been demonstrating then the whole argument seems to be moot. And since E has been quoting direct text instead of vague page references it looks more like he is reading the book.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2005, 09:16:46 PM »
actually, it does have the info, on Page 43. (not 42, which is an illustration).

However, since the organization is so poor as to make me believe for over a year that the information just isn't there, I'm still just as disgusted by it.

So yeah, I'm a bit embarassed about thinking it's not there, but it's not like Kevin has done anything to make his game easy to learn.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2005, 12:27:15 AM »
Not in the past, at least. The newer stuff is much better.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2005, 01:03:37 AM »
To be honest, when I was in junior high I first played TMNT a nd later Heroes Unlimited. I realize now that it made no sense to me then, and I had a lot more dedication to goofing off back then.

Now that I have a harder time concentrating, I just can't bring myself to make the effort to get into Palladium. There are great ideas, but the books are just too learner unfriendly.

After reading this thread, I am more convinced than ever that Palladium needs to have an editor, preferably one with a background in textbook editing, go through and make learning the rules more inituitive.

What I've of seen of the newer stuff still shows that Palladium is improving, but still has a long way to go.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 01:03:56 AM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.