Author Topic: Staff Page  (Read 10860 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Page
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39:47 PM »
Current Nickname: Skarlicious (any nickname to follow will undoubtedly contain the "skar" syllable)

Skar is an assistant editor for The Time Waster's Guide (TWiG), with his primary involvement being movie reviews, both writing and editing.  In a strange autochthonic way he was also a founder of TWiG before it was ever actually founded.  Skar is a veteran of 10 years of marriage, 4 kids, the State of New Jersey, an LDS mission in Salt Lake City Utah, and two foreign wars.  Currently he works as a Graphic Designer/Pre-press guy for a marketing department in SLC and in his spare spare time is writing a memoir on his tour in Afghanistan (one of the two foreign wars).  When that's done he plans to pick up the writing of Speculative fiction again, get published, become rich, and stop working on anything but TWiG and more books.

His favorite movies are:
1:Equilibrium
2:The Last Samurai
3:The Truman Show
4:Gladiator
5:The 13th Warrior

His favorite books are:
1: "Armor" by John Steakley
2: "Starship Troopers" by Robert Heinlein
3: "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson
4: "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny
5: "The Green Ripper" by John D. McDonald
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 01:56:50 PM »
Nickname: JenaRey

What you write:  Occasional reviews on whatever hits me over the head at the moment.  Now that life has slowed up (sorta) I’m hoping to bump up the number of articles I’m putting in.  

About yourself: Gamer girl from way back, Jena’s first dice required the use of crayon to see the numbers and are all rather round at this stage.  She has been involved at one point or another with most things geek, reader, writer and viewer of many things SF, editor of other things not always so SF, feeder of the masses and all around opinionated.  Jena is currently addicted to Bollywood films, yeah for equal opportunity ogling.  If you want to know more the easiest way to find out is to ask.

Link to sample article: As soon as I get a new one up I’ll put a link here.
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 10:49:36 PM »
I've decided to stop slacking so much and reply to this:
Nickname: Jade Knight
What you write:  Sundry
About yourself:  The Jade Knight is TWG's copy editor; the more important editors got tired of his posting corrections on article threads, and let him correct them himself.
When not valiantly battling improper spelling and prescriptive grammar, the Jade Knight goes to Uni in English and History, writes stories and poetry on occasion, and attempts to learn foreign languages.
He is currently engaged to a beautiful and talented neurologist-in-training, and probably will be for the rest of his life.  He can regularly be seen fighting against the status quo, and trying to convince people they should learn Welsh or Norman.

Favorite film:  Les MisĂ©rables (with Liam Neeson)
Favorite book:  Le petit prince (de Saint-ExupĂ©ry)
Favorite music:  New Age and Electronica

Link to Norman Wikipedia:
http://nrm.wikipedia.org  (I know, I'm shameless)
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."