Author Topic: King Arthur  (Read 1093 times)

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
King Arthur
« on: May 20, 2004, 11:42:25 AM »
Last night I saw a commericial for a new King Arthur movie, creatively titled "King Arthur."  It's supposed to be out this summer sometime.  It's produced by the infamous Jerry Bruckheimer, so that's a point against it, but Keira Knightly plays Guineviere, so that's a point in it's favor.

Has anyone heard any more about this?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: King Arthur
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 11:45:34 AM »
I've just heard that it's coming out. It's a LotR coattail movie unfortunately. In other words, it got green-lighted because LotR did well. Or so the rumor goes.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:13:09 PM »
yeah, Arthurnet has mixed feelings about it. I'm reserving judgement till I see more, which is why I have not posted info about it, though this has been buzzing for a few months now.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 01:04:31 PM »
I saw a preview for it at some movie I've seen recently, maybe a month or so ago. Don't remember what movie. Anyway, it looked okay. Not really great.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 04:07:22 PM »
Clive Owen (AKA: The Man Who Would be Bond) plays Arthur and the ever-lovely Miss Knightly plays a tougher, more savage Guineviere.  The film is supposed to be a more "realistic" depiction of the myth, with the magic and mysticism removed (a la Troy).  Merlin is a Wise Man instead of a sorcerer, etc.  Online buzz for this film is good and I do intend to see it when it comes out.

Oh, and if you haven't seen Shrek 2 yet, please go do so.  You will thank yourself later.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 05:59:54 PM »
All I know is that Keira appears to have borrowed Leloo's 'Thermal bandages' outfit from THE FIFTH ELEMENT, cut off a few strips of cloth, and decided to wear it in public.  There've been some ridiculous fantasy heroine outfits before, but this one is apparently trying to vie for the championship....
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 06:57:26 PM »
And that's a bad thing?

www.robisonwells.com

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 07:27:46 PM »
It is when it makes someone as cute as Knightly ugly.

Also, in the trailer it seems that everyone talks like they are chewing their words. Very strange accents. Definitely not one I reckonise as Welsh, but it may be from a bit of Wales i've not been to.

I'll probably see it though, for the same reason i'll go see Troy - big battles.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 07:32:48 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »
Ugh... I just looked up some pictures on the website and that does make her look pretty bad.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 07:51:52 PM by House_of_Mustard »

www.robisonwells.com

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 08:14:47 PM »
All I know is that Keira appears to have borrowed Leloo's 'Thermal bandages' outfit from THE FIFTH ELEMENT, cut off a few strips of cloth, and decided to wear it in public.  There've been some ridiculous fantasy heroine outfits before, but this one is apparently trying to vie for the championship....

Well, all I know from the trailers is that- outfit aside- Keira looks like a pretty cool, butt-kicking Gueneviere.  And I'd take that any day to "I'm going to sit around in this dress and look pretty until I screw Lancelot and destroy the entire kingdom"
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 08:28:31 PM »
accents don't bug me, because, after all, the story was a mellenium and a half ago. I dont' think the accent is nearly the same.