Author Topic: Return of the King  (Read 1820 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Return of the King
« on: August 27, 2003, 06:16:52 PM »
:D
Just saw the behind the scenes preview on the Two Towers DVD. My. God.

I cannot wait! :D
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the King
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 12:27:36 PM »
I know. I've watched it 3 times now and I still get goose-bumps every time. When one of the main stars says it's better than the first and second movies combined, you know you're in for a treat.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 01:28:46 PM »
Well, when the main star says its better than 1&2 combined, then it means New line cinemas marketing guys told him to say that. Check out what he says in the video game preview (which is crap btw) - "he looks just like me". Hes telling porkies there.

But those cavalry charges look worth the admission alone.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 03:37:23 PM »
I know it's been said a billion times, but I'm really pleased at the quality of these shows.  Kudos to Jackson & Co. for making movies worthy of the books!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 05:12:31 PM »
/me WANTS TO GO!!!!!!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 02:09:29 PM »
Ok, so i just had another root around in the special features DVD.

I am glad my parents bought this DVD, since it means that when i buy the extended version, mainly for the flashback scene, then i am not out of pocket for the first DVD.

And i think the armour of the Gondorians is interesting. The helmets look like ancient Assyrian ones, the breatplates look like overly ornate medieval ones, so it looks interesting. But it doesnt look at all roman, despite what the Wetta guys say. I don't really like the look to be honest, but there it is. I was not the biggest fan of either the Urak Hai or the Rohirrim armour.

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 09:10:18 PM »
Just FYI USAToday said intodays paper that the extended versions of both Fellowship and TwoTowers are being released in the theaters 2 weeks before return of the king.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 08:52:15 AM »
Guys, go and download the internet trailer, the links over at Penny Arcade. It's... impressive. It is not as exciting as the other trailer though, since a large part of it is speaches, and they don't give them the time they need, instead flashing through them as fast as they can. But it shows the re-forging of Narsil, so that answers that question - they changed it slightly, so that Elrond gives it to him, not the rangers.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 08:53:10 AM by Charlie82 »

Fellfrosch

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 02:31:48 AM »
They had a preview for it before Matrix, and also one for Troy which also looks sweet.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 11:39:40 AM »
I just found out that all of Christopher Lee's scenes were cut for RotK and he is fuming about it.  Can anybody else confirm this?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2003, 12:27:10 PM »
Yep, heard it on the news this morning. He was expecting to be in 7 mins of the movie at the finale, but his entire scene was left on the cutting room floor (not my words, but I thought it was cool). He's boycotting the movie.

I think he should stop whinning as it's certain that he will reappear in the director's cut.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2003, 01:02:40 PM »
so...
No Gandalf/Saruman confrontation where he gets the Palentir?

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2003, 10:10:27 PM »
I just got the extended version of Two Towers, but I haven't checked it out yet.  I also rented the Return of the King video game.  I'll mention if I find any cool scenes from RotK.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2003, 11:46:26 PM »
I beat the RotK video game.  It had maybe 5 minutes of movie footage from the last movie.  It has a lot more than that, but the rest is either from the other two movies or interviews with the actors.  I haven't unlocked all the features yet, so there could be something cool still there, but I'm thinking most of the unlocked features left are just game features.