Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Official Typos Thread -- All of Brandon's books

<< < (27/29) > >>

Peter Ahlstrom:

--- Quote from: KZK on December 17, 2010, 06:14:48 PM ---I'm not in the habit of making new accounts for every Bloody site on the internet.  Someone else can.  Sorry.
--- End quote ---
Point taken. I passed them to Maria.

Endra kin'Fox:
First page of Chapter 55, Towers of Midnight (p. 805 hardback edition). First sentence of the fourth paragraph, "Heart pounding, Mat charged after Mat and Noal."
Mat surely didn't charge after Mat. :P

*Edit* Just read Peter's post about posting WoT errors elsewhere. I will leave this up just in case but post on other's as well.

Juan Dolor:
Alcatraz vs. the Shattered Lens, p. 182
"invading Vandal hoards" should be "hordes"

Saeyar:
Hi everyone, first time posting here.

This isn't a typo as much as an unfortunate coincidence of my language and I'm pretty sure Brandon Sanderson doesn't know about it. "Kolo" [Elantris] or "Koloss" [Mistborn] translates to... well, the rear aspect in Cypriot, which is a dialect of the Greek language. The word doesn't exist in Greek, only in Cypriot.

It was kind of jarring to come across this not once but multiple times across 4 books. Still it never failed to make me smile every time I read it! ;D

happyman:

--- Quote from: Saeyar on May 01, 2011, 01:43:37 PM ---Hi everyone, first time posting here.

This isn't a typo as much as an unfortunate coincidence of my language and I'm pretty sure Brandon Sanderson doesn't know about it. "Kolo" [Elantris] or "Koloss" [Mistborn] translates to... well, the rear aspect in Cypriot, which is a dialect of the Greek language. The word doesn't exist in Greek, only in Cypriot.

It was kind of jarring to come across this not once but multiple times across 4 books. Still it never failed to make me smile every time I read it! ;D

--- End quote ---

There is no short combination of syllables which have not sounded like a dirty word in at least one language, somewhere.  Humans are just too creative to have passed any up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version