Author Topic: Spy Vs Spy web-site is live  (Read 1648 times)

n8sumsion

Spy Vs Spy web-site is live
« on: April 01, 2005, 11:24:33 AM »
This is mainly a shameless plug for the latest game I worked on. Our Spy Vs Spy game is set for release... sometime soon. And the web-site has gone live today. You can see it here:

http://www.spyvsspygame.com

It is set to release on the Xbox. We have a completed Sony PS2 version, and it will be released on the PS2 in Europe. However, for reasons I cannot discuss in a public forum, the verdict is still out on whether or not it will be released in the US on PS2.

It's a budget title, the price point is set at $19.99. So at that price, it's a great value, you should get some amusement out the game. And it supports Xbox Live so you can get some multiplayer mayhem out of it.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Spy Vs Spy web-site is live
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »
Spy vs Spy as in the Mad Magazine Spy vs Spy?

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 08:45:12 PM »
The original C64 version of that game ruled.

I bet there's a 90% chance any update of it misses the core gameplay points that made the original fun. Because, y'know,  updated games always do.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
I loved the old NES game, I remember playing it at the Blad's house with Kirk and Moredew.

If it comes out on PS2 I would be tempted to buy it if there were multi-player over the net on it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

n8sumsion

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
The X-box version of the game is out. I'm hearing stories of people having a hard time finding it, as it looks like there are small quantities to be found in EB and such. But player reveiws and comments we have been reading have been fairly positive.

We did make a PS2 version. It's sitting in some office somewhere waiting for the Sony stamp of approval. Take2 still intends to release the PS2 version. I suspect there's some political power plays going on between Take2 and Sony that is causing the delay, as it looks like all GlobalStar games for PS2 are being delayed.

Anyway, Take2 is projecting a late-May release for the PS2 version. It will have an online mode supported by GameSpy. The Xbox version is compatible with Xbox Live.

If you enjoyed the old NES or Com64 versions, there is a mode in the game called Classic Mode that uses the old rule set, just updating it in 3D. That's in addition to the Modern and Story modes and various variations of each.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 09:56:13 PM »
Updating? More like Downdating. Losing the neat sprite graphics would destroy all the charm.

That said, I haven't seen the new graphics so I'm talking from my posterior.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 01:45:53 PM »
When I have the money to spend, I'm getting this game!  Thanx for the update on this N8 it looks cool!

What are you up to WORK wise now?

n8sumsion

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 02:42:52 PM »
What am I up to currently? Well... not to be mysterious or anything, but I can't say anything about the big news. I will have an update in the next week or two, and then I can talk about it.

Besides that, I've been spending most of my time writing new game proposals as we are shopping our technology around trying to secure a new project. I was able to actually pitch a couple of original concepts that have attracted some interest from publishers. It is extremely, extremely rare to be able to pitch an original concept in the industry. Most of the game designers I know have never had the opportunity in nearly 10 years in the industry. Really, if you want to be able to work on a game concept you come up with yourself, you had better own your own studio, have your own funding and have a team in place. Your odds are much better there than in any other way. (Unless you're famous, as an actor or writer, then you can approach a publisher and allow them to whore out your name to push the project).

After E3, we should find out if any of my proposals will land us a multi-million dollar deal and keep us going another couple of years.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 02:48:16 PM »
that's cool Nate, I look forward to hearing this announcement.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 02:50:34 PM »
N8 to honor your wishes I will not say anything more than your ideas are briliant and comedically hilarious at times.  MoreDew has told me of past things you had brainstormed, lots of good fun and ideas, keep it up!  Your ideas are what the world of video games needs badly!