Author Topic: Peter S. Beagle wants his money for Last Unicorn  (Read 2185 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Peter S. Beagle wants his money for Last Unico
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »
I know what earnings numbers are based on in principle, but where's he getting the figures that say he's owed cash? Maybe they haven't actually made profits. Publically traded companies have to publish these figures, so it's a matter of research. Then he shouldn't need a lawyer. Just point out. They made x dollars and spent y. X-y=z, thus they owe me a share of z. that's straightforward, brooks no argument.

Private companies, might be more difficult. I'm not sure how easily the figures could be gotten. Though I'm sure a court order would be sufficient. However, they're records may be afu, so it would take a while to tease it out, and then you'd have to convince the 3rd party judge.

so, basically, what I'm really asking is this: Does he have numbers that demonstrate the company made money off The Last Unicorn? Or is he just assuming and trying to get rabid InterWebs denizens and hardcore sff fans worked up in his favor?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 08:38:37 PM »
He has numbers. Read the page.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 03:51:28 AM »
Poor Peter S. Beagle. We appreciate your writing...just not monetarily.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.